What's new
@rewrite are you still looking to borrow someone’s official Taito JAMMA Kit? I can lend you mine if you still are ;)
I am! I'd like to reproduce the harness, adjusted to work with the OSSC, and the interconnect PCB at a minimum!
I've been wanting to for a long while now. If you're willing to lend yours out I'd love to start working on it.
Not a problem at all, I can definitely lend you my whole Taito JAMMA Kit. Send me a pm :D

I'd like to reproduce the harness, adjusted to work with the OSSC, and the interconnect PCB at a minimum!
G11kFKh.gif

Soon as I get our little PCB made I'll send ya a completed build FOR FREE. :thumbup:

That being said, a real JVS IO setup with a Jammafier will still be way more versatile.
Unless you just don't care about ANYTHING but JAMMA, then yea its way more efficient (remember no matter what style you choose, you'll need that Wei Ya JVS PSU).

Let's ask @Arthrimus for help with the interconnect PCB, the Sega JVS IO adapter he designed looks almost identical/has a very similar function (but will require no components its just a linker) .
XJDXagj.jpg

hgzbtSp.jpg

Wow, if we could really tie all this together and sell it as a complete kit/JAMMA solution for Vewlix...
That would really be something special! 8o

Is it safe to say we've entered into the age of Vewlix 2.0?
  • Universal joystick mounting bracket (Hadoken Arcade)
  • LG replacement monitor bracket (Hadoken Arcade)
  • OSSC based JAMMA kit (rewrite)
  • Sega JVS IO adapter (Arthrimus)

Last edited by a moderator:
@rewrite are you still looking to borrow someone’s official Taito JAMMA Kit? I can lend you mine if you still are ;)
I am! I'd like to reproduce the harness, adjusted to work with the OSSC, and the interconnect PCB at a minimum!I've been wanting to for a long while now. If you're willing to lend yours out I'd love to start working on it.
Not a problem at all, I can definitely lend you my whole Taito JAMMA Kit. Send me a pm :D
That is great news! From my experience, rewrite has gone above and beyond helpful and reliable. I suspect others would agree and good things will result.

I'd like to reproduce the harness, adjusted to work with the OSSC, and the interconnect PCB at a minimum!
Soon as I get our little PCB made I'll send ya a completed build FOR FREE. :thumbup:

That being said, a real JVS IO setup with a Jammafier will still be way more versatile.
Unless you just don't care about ANYTHING but JAMMA, then yea its way more efficient (remember no matter what style you choose, you'll need that Wei Ya JVS PSU).

Let's ask @Arthrimus for help with the interconnect PCB, the Sega JVS IO adapter he designed looks almost identical/has a very similar function (but will require no components its just a linker) .

hgzbtSp.jpg

Wow, if we could really tie all this together and sell it as a complete kit/JAMMA solution for Vewlix...
That would really be something special! 8o

Is it safe to say we've entered into the age of Vewlix 2.0?
  • Universal joystick mounting bracket (Hadoken Arcade)
  • LG replacement monitor bracket (Hadoken Arcade)
  • OSSC based JAMMA kit (rewrite)
  • Sega JVS IO adapter (Arthrimus)
I meant to respond to this earlier, but fill me in, what do you need me to do?

The Sega adapter interconnect has a great deal in common with the Taito JAMMA kit interconnect.
However unlike your adapter the JAMMA interconnect is just a pass thru, it contains zero components.
It simply connects/joins the cabs internal wiring to that of the JAMMA harness (your device adapts the cabs internal wiring to Sega format).

Notice (I know its not a great pic) how the visible traces on the PCB are just straight lines from one connector to the other?
Nothing is adapted, just joined together.

I see, please forgive my ignorance but what is the point of this PCB?

Officially it connects the Taito JAMMA harness to the cab.
@rewrite would like to reproduce the JAMMA harness as Taito no longer sells the kit... But as I've said many times...
Without that adapter the harness is useless.

We would like to reproduce both of these pieces.
To sell a community/homebrew JAMMA kit for the Vewlix cab.

As your PCB has so much in common already, I thought it trivial to modify your design slightly.
Hence why I said you would be the guy to talk to/have progressed the furthest in this area already.

OK so it just connects the JAMMA harness directly to the control panel harness, bypassing the I/O board, and they both follow the same pinout. I can easily do that.

OK so it just connects the JAMMA harness directly to the control panel harness, bypassing the I/O board, and they both follow the same pinout. I can easily do that.
dont play with my heart @'Arthrimus <3

Yup you got it!
It's just a joiner with basically the same footprint you've already created.

I have an official JAMMA Kit, so does @Derick2k I can do any beta testing on this that needs to be done if he is too busy.
I will also back/support you with Paypal gift cash, and I think some others will follow my lead here (maybe we can get a bounty/pledge page going for you).

Can someone provide clear unobstructed photos of the front and back of the PCB. I want to get a rough idea of where components should be placed and how the power connections are made on the PCB. All of the photos I've seen are at odd angles and it's hard to tell exactly what's going on.

I promise over the weekend I'll remove the PCB and take some nice front and back shots.
In the meantime I believe a complete kit is making its way to @rewrite as we speak/type from @Magus Incognito ?

I promise over the weekend I'll remove the PCB and take some nice front and back shots.
In the meantime I believe a complete kit is making its way to @rewrite as we speak/type from @Magus Incognito ?
I'm sending a PM to @Magus Incognito right now. I honestly keep spacing it. I've been sick this week and my head is all over the place. But I'm on it now!

Ohh shit! You guys rockkk. Im sure this jamma kit will sell as everyone wants and been looking for a jamma kit.

Yes, I’ve been discussing this with @rewrite about recreating the harness. I’m making notes about what need to be improved on it, for one thing it’s length, I feel it should be about a foot longer. Connector to use scalers like ossc and @invzim scaler that is still in the works. Rewrite wants to take charge of replicating the harness.

I have also pitched the idea to @Arthrimus to replicate the harness adapter pcb.

I’ve also look into circuits to convert rgb a to scart levels for use with the scalers and/or rgb monitors. Also into a Jamma speaker level mono/stereo to line level converter for the audio.I am hoping Arthrimus will help with the developing the pcbs needed, ive been looking to use true and tried schematics for the rgbs to scart and Audio circuits.

I’m hoping to bring a few people together to develop our own version of the Jamma kit. I don’t mind helping to find development/production of these kits. @rewrite @'Arthrimus let me know if you guys want to get together on this and make it happen.

Jesus, I think he nailed it on the first shot!
Knew he'd be our guy, great job so exciting!

Back