What's new
Link 2 games?
You can play 3/4 players of 1 game, so you could either wire the connector to 2 DB15’s for an arcade stick for example.
Or you can wire them to a Jamma loom and splice the video and audio to control player 3/4 from a 2nd cab :)

I would like to run the game as link cabinets. this allows for 2 players status on each screen instead of 4 players on both screens. I have to cps2 units available. I guess the question is this a project that requires the turnament communication boards?

Not possible, you can run 4 players of one unit and split the controls over 2 cabs, but that’s it.

Both cabs would have the same screen then.

Or you can split video signal to the 2 screens, but there's no real CPS2 hardware solution.

Here is the page right from the d & d manual that refers to its existance:
linked info from d and d manual.png

The link cable is a video+cps2 kick loom wired to jamma.
There is a single CPS2 unit driving both cabs, and player 3/4 are on cab #2.

Here's some example pics of such a loom, (but this one it's not an original capcom product.)
https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=6526&start=20#p84390

Notice that they do not supply this 'link cable' but only supply "details of fabricating". Aka a wiring diagram.

There is no 'network' link functions in either DDSOM or DDTOD, and they were not distributed with the link board like SSF2 tournament versions.

Capcom just called it a link cable to simplify its function. It's a video splitter + kick harnass. Much harder to sell than 'link cable'. :)

Edit: For a diagram (sort of) look at page 68/70. You can see the video split from the main jamma edge for a Sega Versus City :) http://arcade.segakore.fr/downloads/manuals/420-6180_versus_city_instruction_manual_2nd.pdf

Last edited:
is it the same as how slam masters had a 2v2 cabinets?

As far as I know, yes.
Also for the konami games like run&gun and others like that xmen 6 player 3 monitor game :)

As far as I know, yes.
Also for the konami games like run&gun and others like that xmen 6 player 3 monitor game :)
The 6 player X-Men doesn't mirror the image across 3 displays, it is actually split across all 3 like Darius.

1 monitor is mounted in the bottom and a mirror is used to project it in between the other 2 images - Todd Tuckey has shown a couple off on his YouTube channel, crazy stuff

The "link cable" mirrors the image across both like a Versus City cab which is great for 4P games across 2 cabs, since the kick harness/4P harness means only 3P/4P are permanently on screen on that side

Last edited:
Actually the 6 player Xmen only has 2 monitors. 1 is reflected from the bottom onto and 1 is mounted behind the mirror so the images can merge. I have one, it’s a beast. The hardest part is getting 6 people together to play it. :)

I mean, if you weren't *literally* on the other side of the world, I'd be there in a heartbeat to play it :)

Who wants to make link cables for the CPS2? I'd buy one for the D&D games alone, and really you could use it for AvP too...

@Blackfish we need pics to prove it :P
Here it is when I first got it. This photo was taken before I cleaned it up and slid the tinting screen back over the lower monitor. Thats why its looking a bit bright on the left hand side. I'm currently making new wiring harnesses as the old ones are rubbish, so can't get a better working shot at the moment. Also this is not a US built cabinet but an original export kit. So unfortunately doesn't have a Konami serial on it and the construction differs slightly. The board is 100% legit, monitors have been replaced at some point. I would like to get an art kit from Szabo's but its a pricey set of decals so have been putting it off. I will get round to it sometime. I seem to keep spending money on multi's at the moment. :D

IMG_0501.JPG

I mean, if you weren't *literally* on the other side of the world, I'd be there in a heartbeat to play it :)

Who wants to make link cables for the CPS2? I'd buy one for the D&D games alone, and really you could use it for AvP too...
AvP across 3 cabs :thumbsup:

I am so jealous of that 6P X-Men - I've never seen one in the flesh

holy shit, that is so cool, look at the size of that thing! :thumbsup:

I have a 4 player X-Men. It's actually really, really small. Not my pic, but mine is exactly like it:

xmen_4p.jpg

It's super awkward to play on the sides.

I assumed 4P X-Men came in the same cab as TMNT for that exact reason, strange.

Cool artwork though

@Blackfish @xodaraP I had incorrectly assumed that the system used three monitors, but the basic gist is that a single board with multiple video outputs, and kick/input harness. :)

Back