What's new
I've found the Vewlix family of LCDs to be very tempermental about source resolution and sync timing.

This is why I not only recommend the iScan family (VP30/50/50Pro) of devices when using a OSSC with it... But just in general.
Even the wacky native (and yes OMG you should always 100% be using your panels native res to bypass onboard filtering/scaling) resolution of the Vewlix monitor (1360x768) is no problem when using a iScan.
qqblbwq.jpg

If say the input is 1920x1080 the iScan can make this 1360x768 with perfect quality (better than letting the LCD downscale the 1080p).
If the timing is say 58.8hz the iScan can make this 60.0hz with perfect quality (without this the LCD displays nothing but "out of bounds" sync error).
If the input is 1280x720 the iScan can make this 1360x768, blah blah blah get the picture? ;)

I finally got a chance to test things out this evening and the splitter works. I now have normal color video through dvi. So this is a cheap fix to get around hdcp.
Although the picture colors now look good, on a black screen there a little white dots that are noticeable. Also the picture is a little zoomed in. Changing any setting for monitor does not fix it. Even if I adjust the V or H size it doesn’t affect zoom. Maybe it’s because screen res is 768 output is 720 not sure just kinda guessing.

So it can be better but it better than it was before and much better than playing on small screen

It is probably a hdmi cable bandwidth or handshake issue. Try a different one first

It is probably a hdmi cable bandwidth or handshake issue. Try a different one first
Thank you for suggestion. I tried 2 other hdmi cables neither made a difference. All have the same end result. Little white specs on dark screens and zoomed in image

I believe (from memory) that I had also some issues with my XBOX One with a HDMI to DVI cable on my Vewlix L (Samsung screen I think).

For now I use a cheap ass HDMI to VGA converter (also to split the audio to 3,5 minijack) which works flawlessly.

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/Black-1080P...940263?hash=item545799a667:g:nMYAAOSwa2ZajB~m
I actually have 2 just like that but i do not get a good picture when using it with system 369 or when i use a ps3. There is a redish pinkish hue on screen. I did not try it with my xbox one though. Also the hdmi to vga adapter i have works fine when i use it with my laptop and vewlix

@sellsellsell2000; None, and I have played a lot of Killer Instinct (from the beginning till season 3, everyday :P) on my Vewlix with this converter.
@thisguy; i used a HDFury Gamer Edition for VGA (720P) and the RCA for audio with my PS3 without any issues. But when you try HDMI to VGA converter after the HDMI splitter, still no good image?

But when you try HDMI to VGA converter after the HDMI splitter, still no good image?
ya anytime I use any of my hdmi to vga adapter I get same reddish pinkish video with or without the splitter. The splitter helped get the hdmi to dvi adapter to work but unfortunately did not help with hdmi to vga

You can try the PS3 + HDMI to VGA converter on another VGA screen to check if you got the pinkish hue, but I think the issue is the combination of a PS3 like system + HDMI to VGA + Sanwa screen.

You could also try a HD Fury, but they are I little bit expensive I think.

Sorry can not help you anymore, don't have a HDMI splitter, and don't have the same screen as yours.

Last edited:
You can try the PS3 + HDMI to VGA converter on another VGA screen to check if you got the pinkish hue, but I think the issue is the combination of a PS3 like system + HDMI to VGA + Sanwa screen.

You could also try a HD Fury, but they are I little bit expensive I think.

Sorry can not help you anymore, don't have a HDMI splitter, and don't have the same screen as yours.
No worries thank you for the suggestions. One day I will pick up an hd fury cable and give that a go

Back