What's new
Had no idea about this feature, thanks. I just tested enabling this feature, and then with an original cart, NeoSD and DS cart, my MV-1C still inserts credits with select, so it seems something about the UniBIOS. That, or we are misunderstanding the feature. Using UniBIOS v4.0, BTW.
How do you use your MV-1C? I mean: in a cab? With a Supergun? Is it consolized?
In the latter two cases I’m thinking, maybe, the select button could be hardwired to the coin pin.

Regards.

Locutus73

Had no idea about this feature, thanks. I just tested enabling this feature, and then with an original cart, NeoSD and DS cart, my MV-1C still inserts credits with select, so it seems something about the UniBIOS. That, or we are misunderstanding the feature. Using UniBIOS v4.0, BTW.
How do you use your MV-1C? I mean: in a cab? With a Supergun? Is it consolized?In the latter two cases I’m thinking, maybe, the select button could be hardwired to the coin pin.

Regards.

Locutus73
Hmmm...it's a good point...I use it with a HAS v2 supergun, so maybe it connects select button directly to insert coin?

Hmmm...it's a good point...I use it with a HAS v2 supergun, so maybe it connects select button directly to insert coin?
AFAIK HAS Supergun is fully configurable in terms of controllers to jamma mappings. Ask @RGB if you have any doubts and please report any findings.

Regards.

Locutus73

AFAIK HAS Supergun is fully configurable in terms of controllers to jamma mappings. Ask @RGB if you have any doubts and please report any findings.
Regards.

Locutus73
I run it in a cab and in my supergun. And select is wired to 26 and d respectively. As it is supposed to. So it is definitely not the wiring. Somehow unibios is not disabling select no matter what you choose in the bios settings.

Nope, "coin" in HAS is mapped to JAMMA "coin", so pins #16/#T. The MVS "select" is on JAMMA pins #26/#d (the same as button 5 in Atomiswave), so you can disable that if you just remap HAS to 4 button layout.

Would it make any sense having a lobotomized DS firmware (maybe the 4 slots firmware) in order to make it just a “stupid” multicart, leaving special functions to Unibios?
and how do you choose which game to load on each slot?

My set-up is: slot MVH 1FS jap bios, Sandisk SD (formated on a PC) with new menu, on Jaleco cab.

- Endless reboot on Alpha Mission II/ASO II
- impossible to play Pulstar: commands are down, I have to turn off the system. I tried on slot 1 and slot 2.
Are you sure that you have the latest firmware and menu?

Would it make any sense having a lobotomized DS firmware (maybe the 4 slots firmware) in order to make it just a “stupid” multicart, leaving special functions to Unibios?
and how do you choose which game to load on each slot?
Well, probably I didn’t express correctly, but when I said “stupid” multicart, I didn’t meant so stupid to disable any game hook... let’s say “semi stupid” or less clever than current full firmware/menu.
Anyway, I meant disabling any special function which adds new features to the system (i.e. MVS/AES, region setting, softdips, NVRAM backup/restore, etc.) and leaving just one gamehook for changing game and one gamehook for a barebone game slot management menu (game loading).
Now, I don’t know Neo Geo enough, but reading Unibios manual, I see that it implements special handling for multislot MVSes (i.e. using select as coin in specific situations and as select in other situations); I don’t know if it is possible, but ideally it would be cool if DS Multi would trick UniBios or OriginalBios thinking the MVS is a real multislot, letting the system performing normal multislot operations (attract mode rotation, game change on select, etc.)

[EDIT]
Another way to enter the slot management menu could be a countdown menu at boot (maybe during game loading); if nothing is pressed, then the first game starts and the MVS behaves as a real 4 slot MVS (if this is possible), without any special DS game hook button combo.

Regards.

Locutus73

Last edited:
I meant disabling any special function which adds new features to the system (i.e. MVS/AES, region setting, softdips, NVRAM backup/restore, etc.)
What we'll probably do is that if we detect that UNIBIOS is installed, options to change REGION or MODE (MVS/AES) wont be active or visible.

What we'll probably do is that if we detect that UNIBIOS is installed, options to change REGION or MODE (MVS/AES) wont be active or visible.
Well, I think that a manual option would be better, see the other thread.
Suggestions for future enhancements to the MulitMVS
Anyway, do you think that tricking the MVS hardware/bios into believing it’s a real 4 slot with 4 games inserted is anyhow feasible?

Thank you.
Regards.

Locutus73

Last edited:
I believe this is strongly controlled by the BIOS. I can't honestly say right now. We'll see when all bugs and features on the list are done. Please make sure that you post that in the suggestions thread.

Quick update on the Pulstar screen. Looks like the problem is coming from the MENU! nothing to do with firmare.

Quick update on the Pulstar screen. Looks like the problem is coming from the MENU! nothing to do with firmare.
Actually I'm not so sure now. Hang tight.
Could someone enlighten me how this ominous Pulstar problem exactly looks like?
I had it playing in my Cab on a MV1FS with JAP v2 BIOS for a while now and I see nothing out of the ordinary. Attract runs fine. I insert a coin and the 30 sec timer starts. Then game runs. Where is the problem?

Check the post made by @GameOver on the 17th April in this topic
He writes that the commands are down. Never saw anything like that at all. And I have pretty much the same setup. (mv1FS with jap bios in a cab. Well I have it in a New Astro City but that wont change a thing)
But no mentioning of Attract or coin...

+ some weird warning message about copying stuff, never had that happen on my setup

+ some weird warning message about copying stuff, never had that happen on my setup
I've had that copying warning bing thrown at me by metal Slug 4 and 5 when my MV2F did not have a battery. After replacing the battery, everything went OK.

Hello

I noticed a problem today with Fatal Fury 2 (I know, I must be the only one still playing this game, people generally prefer Fatal Fury Special...)

In solo mode, the first match takes place with no issue, but from the second one there is no more hit detection : the only way to hurt the opponent is projection. Punches, kicks, specials attacks etc... have no effects.

I haven't tried in VS mode.
I play with a MV1-C MVS slot
I haven't tried the April 2018 menu update yet.

Back