What's new
Hello

I noticed a problem today with Fatal Fury 2 (I know, I must be the only one still playing this game, people generally prefer Fatal Fury Special...)

In solo mode, the first match takes place with no issue, but from the second one there is no more hit detection : the only way to hurt the opponent is projection. Punches, kicks, specials attacks etc... have no effects.

I haven't tried in VS mode.
I play with a MV1-C MVS slot
I haven't tried the April 2018 menu update yet.
Let me check this. Who do you usually play as?

I usually play as Terry, but I tried with Mai and that's not better.

EDIT : I've just updated the menu with the latest version, hit detection still remains.

I made a little video on youtube, but I have it be visible here :(

EDIT 2 : I also use a unibios 3.3

Last edited:
I can confirm I have the same issue here.

Hello everyone!

A new version of the FPGA firmware that elminates the GFX glitches on 4 and 6 slots has been released. It shouldn't have any othe effects as our tests show and it's that way in all the mobos that I tried.

The 4- and 6-slot have another buffers, among others PCLK1 clock which is used for CROMs which causes that the pull-down on our board limits the voltage on this signal to 2.8V.

At some points, the FPGA "reads" the wrong clock cycles on this clock - the patch digitally filters this behavior.

To make a long story short, this fix should:
A) remove GFX glitches on 4 and 6 slot
B) Have no other effect on the rest of motherboards.

Just unpack into \update folder and power on. If the update was succesful the file will be deleted.

All Issues related to Firmware should be fixed. Now we are just adding features...

Check here: Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

Thanks!!

P.S. We've got the KOF98 issue which may be Firmware or Menu related.

All Issues related to Firmware except KOF98 should be fixed. Now we are just adding features...
Hello

Do you mean that you give up trying to fix kof98 issues? ;(

Regarding my Fatal Fury 2 problem, I tried to clear back-up ram, with no improvement ?(

There is something more about Fatal Fury 2 : in the multigame cart menu, I have an error message when I try to enter the Fatal Fury 2 game configuration (all the other games I tried work fine).

did you delete the BUFF file from the microSD as well. This won't be necessary anymore when we update the menu.

I've just tried it, still no game configuration available for Fatal Fury 2.

All Issues related to Firmware should be fixed. Now we are just adding features...
P.S. We've got the KOF98 issue which may be Firmware or Menu related.
Do you mean that you give up trying to fix kof98 issues?
No way. This cart will reach perfection....
I might be wrong, but I read these posts as you temporarily stopped KOF98 debugging for implementing new features. If I’m not wrong, this is questionable. Debugging should always come first, new features second.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

You're wrong. KOF98 is on the list but until we don't confirm 100% if it's FIRM or MENU related we can't fix it. Pulstar looked to be FPGA related and apparently was related to MENU. Thanks.

You're wrong. KOF98 is on the list but until we don't confirm 100% if it's FIRM or MENU related we can't fix it. Pulstar looked to be FPGA related and apparently was related to MENU. Thanks.
I'm glad I'm wrong. So you’re in the diagnostic phase of debugging. IMHO it’s important that, developing new features doesn’t take any time from this diagnosis.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

Hmmm...it's a good point...I use it with a HAS v2 supergun, so maybe it connects select button directly to insert coin?
Nope, "coin" in HAS is mapped to JAMMA "coin", so pins #16/#T. The MVS "select" is on JAMMA pins #26/#d (the same as button 5 in Atomiswave), so you can disable that if you just remap HAS to 4 button layout.
Sorry RGB, I do not understand your reply here. According to HAS v2 manual, the select button is wired to COIN and it does not specify it being reprogramable:

Screenshot_from_2018_05_15_11_37_45.png

So, how can I reprogram select button to be used as button 5?

Thanks!

Got you now. I thought that by "select" you meant pins #26/#d of the JAMMA connector (according to the MVS pinout). HAS "coin" button indeed isn't remappable.

Got you now. I thought that by "select" you meant pins #26/#d of the JAMMA connector (according to the MVS pinout). HAS "coin" button indeed isn't remappable.
Is it possible to press “select” button with HAS Supergun? I mean mapping some joypad button to pins #26/#d ?

[EDIT] moved here Home Arcade System - new supergun sets

Thank you in advance
Best regards

Locutus73

Last edited:
I have done the cuting trace of pin R193 and updating the firmware

Just tried on my Analogue CMVS & Omega CMVS (MV-1C Boards) :

- Super Dodge Ball = Still black screen on boot
- Magician Lord now have sound on first slot

The rest is still the same (High Score all bugged, some games get Unibios error in-game).

Back