What's new
Hi, I still have the KOF98 background issue MV1FZ board + original bios + HAS supergun set at 5.00v

@archimage was it you the one that posted a video. If not, can you please post a video of the steps.till the error happens please.

Thanks.

here's a picture of the problem.

Steps :

Fire the game, credit, choose first available characters, default order, first match, bug happened at second or third round, you can fight but characters can go outside of the screen and continue fighting, match ends but stays stuck and animated things on the background still moving.

Doesn't always happen on first match, so kinda tricky to make a video of this from boot to end of the glitch.

Y1wBmEvg.jpg

I updated everything again with sd card format, nvram clear, flashed directly kof98, I can't reproduce it now.

I am pretty sure I was on last firmware and last menu already according to the date, but I noticed something during sd card check, I was missing the menu files in the update folder, it is my mistake but I don't know if it could be related to this bug.

Another thing, I have flashed quite some games since last nvram clear + buff file, how often is it needed to delete buff file + nvram clear ? I didn't try this for some weeks from now since the Last Blade 2 testing.

ir shouldn't be needed at all to do that. Did you run the game on a different slot now?
Which slot was it on each case?

When you say " flashed directly kof98". Do you mean that you flashed pressing 1P Start in the Game List in the case that it worked?

precisely, actually I did press another game by mistake, then rebooted and pressed start on kof98, but I meant I did nothing much with the cart since I've set up everything for kof98 testing... in the case it didn't work I have tried maybe 3 or 4 games without deleting buff file and clearing nvram

it happended again now, while doing demo for almost 45 minutes characters gone out of the screen during demo, it didn't freeze.

For more complementary information, I use sandisk 32gb sdcard, windows 10 to copy everything, fat32 filesytem

Hi, I have tried the latest firmware + nvram clear + delete buff file with latest menu, using HAS supergun 5.0v MVFZ1S

Matrimelee gave me a garbled screen alternating with black screen while music still playing on second level during the match.

Never saw this specific bug before, but Matrimelee always gave me problems.

I tried also Kof98, still same background bug, but this time from the beginning, first round.

8rksUHa.jpg

Q3bH6rV.jpg

Last edited:
Hello my case is Nam1975 no sound ,
MV-1B
Slot1-Metalslug
Slot2-Nam1975
Slot3-Samurai SP
if 1975 install on 1 or 3 , sound is ok.
thx

Last edited:
Hi,

I tried the latest firmware, and still having the KOF98 issue on same hardware + deleting buff file + nvram clear.

I guess it's still menu related, but I wanted to report firmware didn't solve the issue.

Here is a video of the issue, didn't make anything fancy first time it was a reboot, then game frozen with this time only some elements of the background moving and music playing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3gqsy3741lluvt/20180810_031322.mp4?dl=0

Roger. It's certainly menu related.

What did you do to make this happen? Happened always? If you delete the BUFF and NVRAM will it happen again inmediately?

it happens every time from first firmware whatever I do, I always delete buff + clear nv but doesn't change anything to this game. I always had bad times with kof98 and matrimelee, I tried somethîng like 10 games no problem with the others... just finished blazing stars last week without any glitch... but for these ones I could never finish them. It happens in a frame of 5-10 minutes of playing. I try to play some random games from time to time for troubleshooting... but I must admit kof98 is my favourite one that's why I always report about it.

hi
thx ur reply, i use latest fw/menu and delete BUFF already, but still no sound in slot 2.

Back