What's new
Thanks @Tgames I suspect any game that when accessing the highscore table freezes/crashes UniBIOS can be fixed using this trick (but I've only personally tested so many games). ;)

NAM 1975 : High Score glitched (all name are glitched). (SNK name on score are not present)

Seems fixed with adding new scores into it.

--------------------------------------

Can't change the slot after submit a high score and memory card is still inserted (Start + Up doesn't respond) -> In any games.
Only works if i power off and restart.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neo Drift Out -> Glitched scores letters (S, A, B etc...) (after a each races).

Seems the same if i add new scores into it, it's fixed.
But very weird....

......................................................................................

Same thing on Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (High Score, glitched names)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the same issue of the (Start + Up doesn't respond) on any games after submit a high score =/

Last edited:
The highscore glitches/crashing is all related to the NVRAM in my experiences.
Clearing it after loading a game should fix the glitches/crashing, however I'm not sure that writing to the table (ie adding a new highscore) won't corrupt it again.
It seems like it should be OK (I don't have a multi cart currently) but@Tgames you could test this for us... ;)

Already cleared few times no improvement on that. (only fix the crashing, but not the corruption)

Also sometimes the flashing of slot takes forever. I need to power off and try again.

I found this while playing the Metal Slugs: (Screens for MSX, MS3 and MS5:)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Issue seems to be with the UniBIOS' feature of saving and loading high scores to the memory card.

@aha2940 :

Check the games i have wroted few post earlier (NAM 1975, Neo Drift Out, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special...)

You will have also some glitchy names or scores on theses games. Even with the memory clear.
It's related to the flashcard.

Hello, I've had the same problem stated in this thread with kof98 and matrimelee (unibios green error screen, game freezes or characters that go off the screen while background is still moving. I don't know if it's related to unibios 3.2, or the hardware itself it's a MVS-1FZ. Tried to clear the ram but it didn't help. Is it a known glitch ? I will try another hardware later.

Last edited:
Hello,

Issues with:
Sidekicks = no control during game. Menu is ok.
Alpha Mission II = endless loop reboot after noe geo screen.

I keep getting a Unibios error at the end of the first level of Pulsar. It says:

address error
0000E4BE
001014D1
READ

Currently the following games have some issues: KOF98, LB2, Pulstar, Viewpoint and AeroFighters 2.

Hello,

Issues with:
Sidekicks = no control during game. Menu is ok.
Alpha Mission II = endless loop reboot after noe geo screen.
AM II goes to a Unibios error for me after the NG logo.

I'm going to try a few things mentioned or use a stock bios to test more.

Edit clearing the ram fixed it for me. :)

Last edited:
I have problems with Top hunter and Twinkle Star. Runs in no slot. Hardware is: Mvs 1-B board no Unibios.

Only with those 2 games? IIRC they worked without any issues.

Not all tested, but Blazing Star, viewpoint, Pulstar are running on me. Beta 2 rom Pack. Twinkle star and Top hunter always reboot. Running Top Hunter only Slot 1. Baseball Stars 2 are loud sound while playing.

Last edited:
Adding from info I posted in the help thread:

KOF '94 + '95 - Audio Issues. Hi pitched tone that is constant from the title screen and changes as other sounds would have been playing.

MV-1C
Uni 3.3

What's the deal with the Unibios startup being messed up? When I start it looks weird but runs fine.

Back