What's new
What's the deal with the Unibios startup being messed up? When I start it looks weird but runs fine.
As I've explained many times now, The unibios takes the logo from the cart that is inserted. Since this cart loads the games at boot the logo is not there for the unibios to pull yet as the multi is busy using the busses at the time. That is why the logo is messed up. You can disable the Unibios splash screen to avoid it.

What's the deal with the Unibios startup being messed up? When I start it looks weird but runs fine.
As I've explained many times now, The unibios takes the logo from the cart that is inserted. Since this cart loads the games at boot the logo is not there for the unibios to pull yet as the multi is busy using the busses at the time. That is why the logo is messed up. You can disable the Unibios splash screen to avoid it.
Ahh, but original carts loads at boot? Could the multi have a delay or something to prevent this from happening?

Ahh, but original carts loads at boot? Could the multi have a delay or something to prevent this from happening?
Yes, it's exactly that. Depending on the number of games that you have loaded on the slots, it will take more or less time to boot. During that time the bus is not available for the UNIBIOS to access the bus and display that image properly.

Yes, it's exactly that. Depending on the number of games that you have loaded on the slots, it will take more or less time to boot. During that time the bus is not available for the UNIBIOS to access the bus and display that image properly.
I think atmn means possibly add an option to the multi that allows it to not start loading the games until after the unibios screen is finished displaying.

I think atmn means possibly add an option to the multi that allows it to not start loading the games until after the unibios screen is finished displaying.
That won't fix the issue. The data will not be there for the logo until a game is loaded into the cart. The unibios pulls the data directly from the cart in the slot.

So this issue can only be resolved with a hardware change? Since no "normal" carts behaves this way the flashcart behave somewhat outside the specification from the console point of view?

Any chance there will be a update in this matter for the AES version in that case? :o

Specification of console? I would say that if the UNIBIOS had the logo inside the Eprom, this wouldnt happen :thumbsup:
Actually it would be a very nice feature being able to change the logo for one of your own or with your favourite character.

Anyone have trouble loading SVC? Tried in slot 3 and 2 last night, all I could get was various forms of lock up. Freezing on the white loading screen, or freezing on black.

Maybe I need to find a 1 slot to replace this 4 slot, the glitching and experience right now isn't great.

@Aurich, SvC is working great on all 3 slots here. And the feedback we got from other users was the same, so I'm afraid that it's something related to your setup. Maybe the 4 slot or the cart itself. Do you have the chance to test it in another mobo? Try using the rompack released with only original games and try erasing the backup memory from service menu. Maybe that helps.

Anyone have trouble loading SVC? Tried in slot 3 and 2 last night, all I could get was various forms of lock up. Freezing on the white loading screen, or freezing on black.

Maybe I need to find a 1 slot to replace this 4 slot, the glitching and experience right now isn't great.
Just loaded SvC into virtual slot 2 all works great.
I'm using the roll up pack on a MVS 2 slot.

@Aurich, SvC is working great on all 3 slots here. And the feedback we got from other users was the same, so I'm afraid that it's something related to your setup. Maybe the 4 slot or the cart itself. Do you have the chance to test it in another mobo? Try using the rompack released with only original games and try erasing the backup memory from service menu. Maybe that helps.
I don't have another mobo, this is a Neo Candy 29 with a 4 slot, never had a need to buy another motherboard.

At this point I'm thinking it might be less of a headache to just get whatever the best supported one slot is and be done with it, I don't need 4 slots with the multi anyways. Is there a consensus on what's the most compatible?

MV1FZ is a safe bet. If you want to send it to us, we can discard a production problem.

I would say that if the UNIBIOS had the logo inside the Eprom, this wouldnt happen
Haha yea I was going to say... Razoola choose to make UniBIOS work this way.
the flashcart behave somewhat outside the specification from the console point of view?
The error is from the UniBIOS not being a complete self contained code, rather its depending on resources outside of itself (ie the logo located in the cart).
If I had to guess this was done to save space on what was viewed as repetitive data (why store the logo in BIOS when you can pull it from the cart).

And to be honest the Unibios works outside of the specification of the console since it is technically a bootleg bios.

I've tried Nightmare in the Dark in all 3 slots, and I get weird static breakup in the jumping sound effect.

Just me, or can anyone else confirm it?

I don't have another mobo, this is a Neo Candy 29 with a 4 slot, never had a need to buy another motherboard.
At this point I'm thinking it might be less of a headache to just get whatever the best supported one slot is and be done with it, I don't need 4 slots with the multi anyways. Is there a consensus on what's the most compatible?
If you swap out the 4 slot for a 1 slot, be aware the wiring is slightly different!
MVS wiring for all multislots and Jamma wiring for all single slots.

Map is ready but there are still some problems.
Last Blade 2, Nam, do not run, baseball stars 2 high beep when playing. Top hunter and Twinkle Star only run in the 1 slot. No unibios and Mvs 1-B. When are there updates because of the games? If you are in the title screen of the game and not playing the game always starts again.

Back