What's new
@Breakerpc Those errors haven't been reported before and I can confirm that those games work well, so it must be either a problem with your setup or the cart. Have you tried more games? Did you check that you're getting proper 5V on the Jamma edge?

es, 5v arrive. Otherwise it is going really well. Have already played through some games.

Command back . All games are running. Had everything geupdated but not the firmware. Now it's working!!!!

This is more of a "is this a problem?" and less of a "this is a problem"

But the sound in Matrimelee sounds off, like the pitch and volume levels seem off between sounds. I don't have a real cart to test against, and honestly, I don't like the game all that much, but I was hoping someone with an actual cart could let me know if the retail version has crummy sound too.

This is more of a "is this a problem?" and less of a "this is a problem"

But the sound in Matrimelee sounds off, like the pitch and volume levels seem off between sounds. I don't have a real cart to test against, and honestly, I don't like the game all that much, but I was hoping someone with an actual cart could let me know if the retail version has crummy sound too.
you can compare with this one:

I've tried Nightmare in the Dark in all 3 slots, and I get weird static breakup in the jumping sound effect.

Just me, or can anyone else confirm it?
I have a conversion cart made from decrypted roms (nitdbl.zip in Mame) and I have the same issue.

Therefore I would conclude it's not a problem in the Multi.

@Aurich, SvC is working great on all 3 slots here. And the feedback we got from other users was the same, so I'm afraid that it's something related to your setup. Maybe the 4 slot or the cart itself. Do you have the chance to test it in another mobo? Try using the rompack released with only original games and try erasing the backup memory from service menu. Maybe that helps.
I don't have another mobo, this is a Neo Candy 29 with a 4 slot, never had a need to buy another motherboard.At this point I'm thinking it might be less of a headache to just get whatever the best supported one slot is and be done with it, I don't need 4 slots with the multi anyways. Is there a consensus on what's the most compatible?
If you swap out the 4 slot for a 1 slot, be aware the wiring is slightly different!MVS wiring for all multislots and Jamma wiring for all single slots.
Ah right, thanks for the reminder. I have a Jamma adapter for my Neo cab, so not a problem.

I have a conversion cart made from decrypted roms (nitdbl.zip in Mame) and I have the same issue.

Well it works fine in MAME, and there are videos of folks with real carts on youtube where it also works fine. So it is not a problem inherent to NitD.

So it sounds like both the multi and your conversion seem to have the same issue. I guess the question is why.

Well it works fine in MAME, and there are videos of folks with real carts on youtube where it also works fine. So it is not a problem inherent to NitD.
So it sounds like both the multi and your conversion seem to have the same issue. I guess the question is why.
Which BIOS are you using? Does it happen ONLY with that game? plese remind me your mobo model.

P.S. Nice new logo

Which BIOS are you using? Does it happen ONLY with that game? plese remind me your mobo model.

P.S. Nice new logo
It's the first game I've noticed it with. I've played a lot of games, but NitD is the first I've run into a staticy sound glitch.

Happens on both 4-slots. I believe they are MVH-4 and MV-4FS. Stock Japanese BIOS.

Thanks!

Viewpoint - High Score displays incorrectly during play, and the initial text on the “enter your initials” screen is garbled.

I’ll edit this post if I notice more.
I believe it was @twistedsymphony who also had this issue.
Tested it on mine and it's fine when you enter your initials. Perhaps like some other issues it's motherboard specific somehow?
Played this alot with DS multi cart.
High score list shows up fine but no MON, TUE names in list etc on first boot.
I've got my name in in all slots now and nothing strange so far. ( can't get past second boss yet )

I had mentioned '94 and '95 with sound issues (high pitched tone that continues after start). Is this not confirmed?
I loaded both games for testing but found no sound issues for either title in my setup.
Same here. No issues with those games. But I have an idea. Can you find any other games with the same issue? Maybe from around the same era?

Back