What's new
New version of the menu with many many fixes released here:Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

Currently the only games that have confirmed issues are:
* Pulstar: Screen Flashes when in attract mode and credit inserted.
* kof98 and matrimelee (unibios green error screen, game freezes or characters that go off the screen while background is still moving. I don't know if it's related to unibios.

If you have a problem with any games, it's either an issue with the microSD or the setup.

thanks darksoft !

I can confirm kof98 reboots and glitches ares not related to unibios, it only shows the error that happens even on original bios, I have reversed from unibios to original bios, and the error still remains, just no green error screen, however when I am on the supergun it doesn't happen as much as my cabinet, (same MVS F1ZS))

I suppose it's related to voltage because the only thing that changes is the power supply technically because it's the same board and not exactly the same error and frequency

New version of the menu with many many fixes released here:Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

Currently the only games that have confirmed issues are:
* Pulstar: Screen Flashes when in attract mode and credit inserted.
* kof98 and matrimelee (unibios green error screen, game freezes or characters that go off the screen while background is still moving. I don't know if it's related to unibios.

If you have a problem with any games, it's either an issue with the microSD or the setup.
Was playing with kof98 and matrimelee. Got the green screen once in kof98 during a fight but couldnt reproduce it since.
Matrimelee never gives me any problems so far.
Neither did Pulstar.

Tested on Mv1b with unibios 3.0

Is Iron Clad now removed from the supported ROMS with the new firmware? If I wanted to still play it, could I downgrade?

I would like to know which are the games that are not supported, since the latest menu still says "Supported Games: 147 out of 161".

I haven't tested again since the new menu was released...
But I'm willing to bet Vliner is still messed up. ;)
vliner4-ff-snklish-copy.jpg

I haven't tested again since the new menu was released...
But I'm willing to bet Vliner is still messed up. ;)
vliner4-ff-snklish-copy.jpg
Good to know, thanks. That's 1 unsupported game. Which are the other 13 games? even more so: my understanding is that there are 148 official games for the Neo-geo, (V-liner is not one of them AFAIK). Why is the number 161? Also, I was under the impression that the cart was a generic solution that could be used for developing of new games, but this "supported games" seems to imply that if someone develops a game, the cart firmware would need to be modified to add some sort of "special support" for it? so is there a list of games that will run on it, and nothing else will? I'm all confused here with this.

Thanks!

but this "supported games" seems to imply that if someone develops a game, the cart firmware would need to be modified to add some sort of "special support" for it?
Just like hacking/testing drivers in MAME, one could use an existing cart profile/configuration for a known working game.

but this "supported games" seems to imply that if someone develops a game, the cart firmware would need to be modified to add some sort of "special support" for it?
Just like hacking/testing drivers in MAME, one could use an existing cart profile/configuration for a known working game.
Cheers for info, will give it a shot.
This is one reason i got the cart, to try protos, lost games, homebrew etc.
Plus the fact that some carts are way out of my reach now!

I am glad to say that kof98 and matrimelee works just fine now, I have found 2 bent pins kissing each other while cleaning the MVS, sorry guys <3

Last tests we did only 10 bootlegs with protection were not supported. The rest worked perfectly well. We decided to release a pack of games only with the original versions in order to simplify testing and gaming in the first release. They will all be added again with the new firmware release.

nooo, it's so silly, however it's fixed now ! I was wondering why I had so many reboots, it was on the main board on the lower side, it has been pressed against something at some time... no reboot demo is playing since 1 hour now, but sometimes characters still go out of the screen and continue fighting outside of the scene, until demo loop starts again, just like if the scrolling was stopped, I can't say if it's still my mvs or the game itself, I have to double check on my second system

Last edited:
nooo, it's so silly, however it's fixed now ! I was wondering why I had so many reboots, it was on the main board on the lower side, it has been pressed against something at some time... no reboot demo is playing since 1 hour now, but sometimes characters still go out of the screen and continue fighting outside of the scene, until demo loop starts again, just like if the scrolling was stopped, I can't say if it's still my mvs or the game itself, I have to double check on my second system
Bent pins are a bitch. My original PS1 had no audio at all for many years, so I stored it because I thought the guy who installed the modchip had broken it somehow. Turns out, I checked it very carefully after like 10 years of storage, and there were 2 bent pins touching each other in one of the chips. Straightening them fixed the audio issue, and my PS1 still works perfectly to this day.

after the bent pins discovery false joy again... still with kof98

MVS-F1ZS on arcade cab : scrolling problems, froze once in 2 hours in the player order selection before fight
MVS-F1ZS on supergun : scrolling problems + reboot
Omega with unibios 3.3 : scrolling problems + reboot

Tried with 2 different 32gig sd cards in 32k clusters and 64k, with latest rolling pack and firmware, each time I format then nvram clear

no luck with this game, no problem with metal slug, played hours

I posted a couple of posts back at the beginning of this page that 2 games still have issues: kof98 and pulstar.

I posted a couple of posts back at the beginning of this page that 2 games still have issues: kof98 and pulstar.
Cant reproduce any problems with pulstar.

But kof98 indeed greenscreens now and then during fighting (for no apparent reason)

Cant reproduce any problems with pulstar.
You can't reproduce this?
Pulstar: Screen Flashes when in attract mode and credit inserted.
I have never seen anything out of the ordinary with Pulstar on the Multi no matter what I do or try.

KOF98 is the only game where I ever encountered something out of the ordinary. And maybe some highscore tables here and there but I am not even sure if they are that way on a new game never before run on the pcb.

Maybe because I run it with a supergun that converts signal to HDMI and displays on a LED TV?

MV1b with unibios 3.0.
Put the Multi in a MV1F now (with Unibios 3.0) and no problems either.

Maybe because I run it with a supergun that converts signal to HDMI and displays on a LED TV?
Yea its the same for me using a 1FZ + HAS + OSSC.
Screen Flashes when in attract mode and credit inserted.
No flashing noticeable at all, but the slow down is uneven/sparotic.
I also had this same slow down issue with Metal Slug, so many people are saying that it's perfect, but I have the real cart side-by-side and the game isn't slowing down in the same way.

Best way I can describe it...
On real cart when Metal Slug gets slow it stays slow.
On multi cart when Metal Slug gets slow, it moves unevenly, almost like it's bursting the data thru similar to heartbeat pushing blood.

I first PM'd DS about this uneven slowdown back when testing the Beta cart, but as far as I'm aware I'm the only person who has ever mentioned/reported it.
It also only affects some games, Metal Slug 3 IS perfect in all my tests it was 100% like the cart...
Slug 1 no, the slowdown is different and I can't explain why or even why no one else has experienced it because its very real to me (I used two different 1FZ motherboards, swapping them for my side-by-side, the results were the same no matter what motherboard was used).

If any real Metal Slug cart owners would like to take my slowdown challenge it's actually very easy/noticeable at the end of stage 1.
While its counting up your score/POWs, the game is slowing down because of the waterfall animation on screen.
Watch the numbers of the score move on real cart, its slow but you can see its even.
Watch the numbers of the score move on the multi cart, its jumpy *slow*normal*slow*normal*

Last edited by a moderator:
Back