What's new
I had mentioned '94 and '95 with sound issues (high pitched tone that continues after start). Is this not confirmed?
I loaded both games for testing but found no sound issues for either title in my setup.
Same here. No issues with those games. But I have an idea. Can you find any other games with the same issue? Maybe from around the same era?
Test on 2 MV1C no sound issue on either. One was modded for stereo with unibios 3.2 the other unibios and stock bios tested.

Hmmm, I'll check and try to replicate, then report back the common setup. I'll check based on Mitsu's suggestion also. Will edit this post with findings ASAP.

I've tried Nightmare in the Dark in all 3 slots, and I get weird static breakup in the jumping sound effect.

Just me, or can anyone else confirm it?
I own an original Nightmare in the Dark MVS cart (verified original PCBs with mask ROMs), and its always had the crackle static sound when jumping. I’ve been told by others that the game just shipped that way.

I've tried Nightmare in the Dark in all 3 slots, and I get weird static breakup in the jumping sound effect.

I own an original Nightmare in the Dark MVS cart (verified original PCBs with mask ROMs), and its always had the crackle static sound when jumping. I’ve been told by others that the game just shipped that way.
Huh. I wonder how it's okay in some videos then..

Huh. I wonder how it's okay in some videos then..
Oddly enough, the sound is fine with that game in my Chinese 120 in 1 multicart as well. Dunno if the Chinese devs fixed the sound and that's what we're seeing on YouTube videos, or if SNK eventually shipped a revision. But I've been assured by other genuine NitD cart owners that their jump sound crackles as well.

Bug Report for Games.

MVS1F
Voltage at board 4.8
Slot 1-Metal Slug X
Slot 2 - Puzzle Bobble 2
Slot 3 Shock Troppers 2
Rollup pack from Rewrite, with all bootlegs removed.
Menu worked fine, wrote games, and then rebooted into green screen boot loop...finally rebooted cabinet, came up with initializing filesystem, green screen, back to init filesystem, and then frozen. Reset cabinet multiple times.
Latest menu files in \games\menu

Clearing memory card, moving files back over, and trying again.

Bug Report for Games.

MVS1F
Voltage at board 4.8
Slot 1-Metal Slug X
Slot 2 - Puzzle Bobble 2
Slot 3 Shock Troppers 2
Rollup pack from Rewrite, with all bootlegs removed.
Menu worked fine, wrote games, and then rebooted into green screen boot loop...finally rebooted cabinet, came up with initializing filesystem, green screen, back to init filesystem, and then frozen. Reset cabinet multiple times.
Latest menu files in \games\menu

Clearing memory card, moving files back over, and trying again.
I tried it, same setup, and it worked fine. I'm unable to reproduce the error.

good luck. using my MV1FS I'd get bugs in games that would go away the next time I loaded the game, and new bugs would appear.

Oddly enough, the sound is fine with that game in my Chinese 120 in 1 multicart as well. Dunno if the Chinese devs fixed the sound and that's what we're seeing on YouTube videos, or if SNK eventually shipped a revision. But I've been assured by other genuine NitD cart owners that their jump sound crackles as well.
Thanks for the reassurance that it's more or less normal.

Wonder if we can get the SFX replaced in the rom somehow... Hmmm.

I've spent some time playing through a bunch of titles and I've only noticed the following issues so far:

- Baseball Stars 2 has a constant high pitched tone
- Last Blade 2 resets after the "How to Play" screens
- Shock Troopers hangs at first boss in Stage 1 of Valley Route. Video freezes but music keeps playing.

Using MV-1A, stock bios, Roll up Beta 2 rom pack.

- Baseball Stars 2 has a constant high pitched tone

- Last Blade 2 resets after the "How to Play" screens
Re: BS2 - I had the same tones happen with KOF '94 and '95. Since resetting and re-populating the slots, I can't reproduce it. There must be some condition that causes this, but I've now played '94 and '95 fine, as well as BS2 several times, without the issue.

Re: LB2 - I also had this happen to me. Don't recall if it recurred on a subsequent play, but will test more to try and isolate it if it doesn't.

Re: BS2 - I had the same tones happen with KOF '94 and '95. Since resetting and re-populating the slots, I can't reproduce it. There must be some condition that causes this, but I've now played '94 and '95 fine, as well as BS2 several times, without the issue.
Re: LB2 - I also had this happen to me. Don't recall if it recurred on a subsequent play, but will test more to try and isolate it if it doesn't.
Thanks for the pointer. I reformatted my SD card, cleared board memory, and re-flashed the firmware/menu. This fixed all the issues.

I reformatted my SD card, cleared board memory, and re-flashed the firmware/menu.
I'd say this is just good advice for anyone experiencing problems setting up a multi cart for the first time.
Re-flashing the firmware shouldn't be necessary, so save that step for last only after trying...
  1. re-formatting the SD
  2. clearing the NVRAM
  3. updating the system Menu

You should very rarely if ever alter files on an SD card for these sorts of applications.

Format.
Drag and drop EVERYTHING you want on the card in one shot.

If you need to add or move something (like updating the menu), format and start over.

SD cards get fragmented super easily and things like this and everdrives, the 3DS, and the like can be super temperamental when a card is fragmented.

Hello, I have switched to original bios today, no bugs anymore on kof98 on the supergun, it seems unibios is not needed anymore with the multicart...

EDIT 1 : talked too fast, just had some brutal reboots on the supergun

EDIT 2 : kof98 reboots every demo when hooked to the cabinet

I thought the problems did come from unibios compatibility, I misunderstood

Last edited:
I’m curious if my SD card might not be good. It’s a new card but I’ve experienced:

Garou freeze
Neo turf masters background go to garbage
Restart loops

But then I played Baseball 2020 for an hour last night.

Back