Pinned Games with Issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Games with Issues

I've created this thread for people to post issues ONLY related to problems with games and ORIGINAL VERSIONS ONLY, no bootlegs.

See below list of current games with problems. If you have a problem with any games, it's either an issue with the microSD or the setup.

From 200 carts sent, only these errrors below are confirmed to be a multiMVS problem. Make sure you have the latest version from the menu and firmware from here: Darksoft's MultiMVS Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

GAMES WITH ISSUES
      ------------------------
      * Pulstar: Screen Flashes when in attract mode and credit inserted.
      * kof98 and matrimelee: Unibios green error screen AND game freezes or characters that go off the screen while background is still moving.

Q&A
      ------

These are the only problems confirmed. The rest of games work 100%, so if you experience any problem with other games, it's a problem related with your setup and you can try the following:

Problem: I can see glitches on the highscore on my setup, all names show perfect on demo loop and input.
      Solution: Delete BUFF file and clear NVRAM from Service menu

Problem: Some games go black after the "Neo Geo" splash screen.
      Solution: Delete BUFF file and clear NVRAM from Service menu

Problem: MultiMVS doesnt work properly on my MV1F / MV1Fs SLOT
      Solution: We know about this and will be solved on the next firmware update. For now you can try to lower the voltage from 5V to 4.7V

Problem: My setup crashes and resets frequently
      Solution: We know about this and will be solved on the next firmware update. For now you can try to lower the voltage from 5V to 4.7V

Problem: I have a 4-slot and 6-slot and I have a lot of gfx glitches
      Solution: We know about this and will be solved on the next firmware update. For now you can try to lower the voltage from 5V to 4.7V. It will reduce A LOT the amount of glitches.

Problem: Some games have a constant high pitched tone
      Solution: reformat your SD card, delete BUFF file and clear NVRAM. If still persists update menu.
      * Arcade-projects, the site where you get the most of your arcade games.
      * If you want Drama go to Neo-Geo forum ---Darksoft
    • SlightlyObsessed wrote:

Here are a few games I found recurring issues with:
      New Turf Masters - the “best score” screen has garbled text.
      Ganryu - enabling red blood in the unibios cheet menu causes the game to go bonkers and requires a reboot to work again this can also affect games in other slots. Also the audio clips and switching slots (up+start) away and back also causes it to go bonkers.
    • tom5151 wrote:

Darksoft wrote:

xodaraP wrote:

- Green screen freeze on KoF'98

- Characters going off screen in KoF'98

Just some videos links showing these issues (I add game half frozen):

Green screen error:

Characters going off screen:

someone else have this?

@tom5151 you have seen these problems only on KOF98? no other games?
    • Darksoft wrote:

@tom5151 you have seen these problems only on KOF98? no other games?
      I've got the green screen with wjammers just 1 time. But it was after a "non reboot" story, so I think the game was not correctly flashed.

As said I've tried 5 or 6 games and it looks like kof98 is for the right moment is the only game I can not play.
      I've tried cyber lip for 2 hours ans it was perfect :thumbsup:
    • I just tested kof98 on my setup and it did eventually get the green unibios screen after booting and letting it sit a while. “Exception error handling” illegal instruction, address 00160014.

Update- after a soft reset now the characters go off screen also.
      Consolized MV1C (fun project from a few years back)
      Stereo Mod (5v only now)
      5v 4amp AC to DC power adapter from Jameco
      Battery mod (removed charging section)
      Unibios 3.2 w/NeoBiosMasta
      2x Undamned usb converters.
      MVS>OSSC>4K panel

The post was edited 1 time, last by SlightlyObsessed ().

• Viewpoint - High Score displays incorrectly during play, and the initial text on the “enter your initials” screen is garbled.

I’ll edit this post if I notice more.
      Consolized MV1C (fun project from a few years back)
      Stereo Mod (5v only now)
      5v 4amp AC to DC power adapter from Jameco
      Battery mod (removed charging section)
      Unibios 3.2 w/NeoBiosMasta
      2x Undamned usb converters.
      MVS>OSSC>4K panel
    • SlightlyObsessed wrote:

Viewpoint - High Score displays incorrectly during play, and the initial text on the “enter your initials” screen is garbled.

I’ll edit this post if I notice more.
      I believe it was @twistedsymphony who also had this issue.

Tested it on mine and it's fine when you enter your initials. Perhaps like some other issues it's motherboard specific somehow?
      On the hunt for: Dinoking, Mushiking, Love & Berry, Egret 29, Grand Am Q25, Capcom New Concept 2, and Naomi guncabs.
    • rewrite wrote:

I believe it was @twistedsymphony who also had this issue.
      My issue was slightly different.
      the background graphics on the right side of the screen where garbled when entering my initials. Though I haven't re-loaded that game to see if the problem persists since
      Buy My 3D Printed Parts: bit-district.com
      Follow my projects: instagram | blog
      My PCB list: VAPS
      My Cabs: VOOT | RFM | Vewlix F| FiF Jr. | KI2 | UMK3 | E29 | E29| Net City | DDR
    • Omega CMVS (MV1C) (3.3 Unibios) :
      Lot of games works but few have glitches or get a Unibios error screen.

- Neo Bomberman = Unibios Error Screen on High Scores
      - Fatal Fury Special = Missing Sprites
      - Baseball Stars 2 = Glitchs only on Sound, the rest is perfect

- Viewpoint = perfect
      - Windjammers = seems ok to me
      - Dunk Dream = perfect
      - Magician Lord = perfect
      - Neo turf master = perfect
      - Metal Slug 3 = perfect
      - Breakers Revenge = perfect

My system is in good condition and i have lot of original and they works.
      So it comes from the flashcard side.

I will test more games soon.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tgames ().

• Tgames wrote:

Neo Bomberman = Unibios Error Screen on High Scores
      Could you test clearing the NVRAM for this title after this game has been loaded onto the cart?
      The other game I tested with the same issue was Shock Troopers, for some games this seems to work.
      Darksoft: CPS3, ST-V, CPS2, F3, MVS
      RGB: RECO v2, HAS v3

[genesis] [segacd] [saturn] [dreamcast_ss] [nes-101] [snes] [n64] [gamecube] [pce] [pcecd] [psx]
    • Hello,

I have just tried Garou Mark of the Wolves, and I have a problem with buttons, I don't know why but I only get kick buttons, and one of them jumps at the same time.

Note that I am using UD-USB adapters and USB stick.

It seems to work ok with Metal Slug 5, Garou works ok with 120 in 1 cartridge.

I wonder if I missed something in the settings.
    • archimage wrote:

Hello,

I have just tried Garou Mark of the Wolves, and I have a problem with buttons, I don't know why but I only get kick buttons, and one of them jumps at the same time.

It seems to work ok with Metal Slug 5, Garou works ok with 120 in 1 cartridge.

I wonder if I missed something in the settings.
      Many people have played that game, including myself without those issues that you mention. Must be something in the USB setup or in the UD-USB settings.
    • archimage wrote:

Yea it must be an issue with the adapter, supergun or USB stick.
      I played Garou the most while using the beta cart, after firmware update #1/menu update #2 I reported it as perfect and still consider this to be true.

[genesis] [segacd] [saturn] [dreamcast_ss] [nes-101] [snes] [n64] [gamecube] [pce] [pcecd] [psx]
    • archimage wrote:

That's odd I tried almost every setting
      Could you do some process of elimination to determine the cause?
      Do you have a DB15 "supergun wired" stick to try playing without the USB adapter/stick?
      What supergun are you using? How does it treat JAMMA button 4, is it connected to the edge and bridged to a CPS2 style kicks header?

• Yes you are right, I tried on my Omega and my arcade cabinet everything works, so it's related to the Supergun not the UD-USB and not the cart. However what is strange is that only Garou has this problem, and not the bootleg in the 120 in 1 cart.

I remember I had to rewire the supergun to make it work with the UD-USB correctly with CPS2, Undamned explained to me the issue is specific with this Smallcab supergun, so I cut some traces and did some modifications.

It was a while ago, so I have to find what is messing here.

EDIT : yes the supergun is connected to cps2 kick header, and my stick is a ps360+ connected with usb to the UD-USB adapters, so I can remap keys in various combinations in theory, but I couldn't sort this problem for this game.

It's a probably a problem of different layouts

Pin UD-USB: Smallcab:

01. GND GND
      02. K3 [NONE]
      03. Select E
      04. D/K1 D
      05. B/P2 B
      06. Right Right
      07. Down Down
      08. +5V +5V
      09. [NONE] F
      10. K2 Select
      11. Start Start
      12. C/P3 C
      13. A/P1 A
      14. Left Left
      15. Up Up

I will dig into this but I think it's out of this topic

The post was edited 4 times, last by archimage ().