What's new

nismopunch

Professional
Reaction score
Couldn't find if this was covered before or tried..I can't be the only one? Basically have a Sega type 3 IO handling inputs for Maximum Tune 3DX+ and I was able to map out everything (Analog same as ID and works as-is, obviously no FFB but that's not my goal) except the view change and reject battle/interruption buttons. Are these two impossible to trigger on a Sega IO? I believe I have the shifter worked out (Up, Down, Left, Right) but no matter what input I try nothing triggers view change or reject battle buttons.

There was a small blurb below on an old thread from the WMMT forums that I kind of don't understand. So maybe one of you guys can break this down? Does the Sega IO not have the inputs associated with those switches listed?

DskOct 5 2016, 07:46 AM

I know for MT4, if you don't have enough analog outs on your JVS board supported in the feature response, not all the buttons work. However, change view and whatever the other button is from that game are in the second switch byte... they just don't work for whatever reason if you don't have enough analog outputs.

The gears in max tune games are weird - MT4 uses a bitfield to not waste so many switches:

switch[0] everything else

1 = switch[1] | 0xA0
2 = switch[1] | 0x60
3 = switch[1] | 0x80
4 = switch[1] | 0x40
5 = switch[1] | 0x90
6 = switch[1] | 0x50

Some Button: switch[1] | 0x02
Change View: switch[1] | 0x01

This was going to be a future project of mine also.

So the obvious question.

Have tried jumping (or shorting) all the digital input pins on the Sega type 3 I/O while on the game's test menu?

http://www.tms-designs.com/theshed/default.asp?stockid=2532
Yup did EXACTLY that yesterday lol, none of the inputs work for view change or reject battle. Which makes me think its not possible on a Sega IO, but I could be missing something stupid.

I think the controls are the same as WMMT 1 and 2. My JVS board can handle the extra buttons, but a stock Sega one will not. They're basically 2 buttons past what the Sega board has for P1 and there's no way to reconfigure the Sega board to have all inputs be P1 controls in place of 2 player controls. I think all inputs are P1 for WMMT.

I think the controls are the same as WMMT 1 and 2. My JVS board can handle the extra buttons, but a stock Sega one will not. They're basically 2 buttons past what the Sega board has for P1 and there's no way to reconfigure the Sega board to have all inputs be P1 controls in place of 2 player controls. I think all inputs are P1 for WMMT.
Thanks a lot for confirming Winter! I'm one of those patiently waiting for your board as well but thought I would tinker around.

Back