What's new

Halaga

Student
Reaction score
Spotted it a few times, searched about it, came up with nothing. The OR2SPJ on it, sure, kind of gives an idea. Plugs in to all the places, seems like... Well, is it?

Attachments

• or2.jpg
    or2.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 236
Looks like some type of hdd flash mem replacement for a sega chihiro or something.

I've pondered nabbing one out of curiosity but never have. I blindly assume it would need the proper pic for the ORSPJ as it might be the equivalent of GDROM GDX-0011? Or not at all? Anyone ever use one?

I have one on the way. Looks like a solid state replacement for the GDROM disc. I'll try it when it gets here.

For the record, Yaton sells these for 20 bucks a piece.

I often ponder nabbing one from him but never do as I've always thought it's what it appears to be but would hate it if it wasn't, hah. Or if it's actually somehow messed up. If you have luck with yours I will definitely nab one.

It's a gdrom replacement that works pretty much like a official sega compact flash boot.
It's not official sega, The sega official dimm firmware checks some id's (like the serial) of the compact flash cards and refuses to load a game if it's not a sega one.
There is an unofficial dimm firmware that has this check bypassed.
Maybe, if you connect it to a pc as a harddrive, you might be able to dump a new image to it.
It might work with a zero pic if it's game image is already decrypted.

If only it was that easy, hah. You try yours yet, nem? So I need a zero pic key, and the CF card firmware update? Zero pic key have to be specific to the Chihiro (Naomi one won't work)? I didn't get it expecting it to work but should it eventually do so, cool. If not, add it to the wall of PCBs, hah. Ah, would anyone happen to just have the cf card update disc for Chihiro lying around that you could loan me? :)

Attachments

• OR2 thing.jpeg
    OR2 thing.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
If only it was that easy, hah. You try yours yet, nem?
I haven't had time to pick it up from the post. I'll do it next week.

For the firmware, netbooting is your only option. The update disc is only for legitimate CF cards and I guess both of us will need the unofficial dimm firmware.

I didn't, but I still need to update to the firmware which I probably won't get around to doing. I lost my arcade house (was a small house beside our main house) to my mother-in-law so projects and whatnot have been pushed to the far distant future (if ever because losing my arcade house has severely demotivated me). This grownup sh*t can be a real drag. :/

Can you dump this OR2SPJ so that folks with the Japan Chihiro can play?

Someone actually put gdx-0011a.chd rar files up on Retroroms. They are 1GB format FWIW.

I ran across a Chihiro with the CF card still in it since I sent the request none the less. I've got a physical copy now.

I scooped up a Chihiro recently and it has one of these in it....

Attachments

• 20180926_005839-1.jpg
    20180926_005839-1.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20180926_005856-1.jpg
    20180926_005856-1.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20180926_005951.jpg
    20180926_005951.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20180926_005959.jpg
    20180926_005959.jpg