What's new

mhorton

Beginner
Reaction score
I have a darkdawg multi kit that was working, then the hard drive died. I got a replacement installed but now it looks like it is booting, and then it stops on no signal without ever making it to the menu. On that screen with a loading bar there are a bunch of dots in the background that I never noticed before so I'm wondering if the video card has a problem. anyone have any ideas how to get this working again? Ive tried removing and replacing the cards, replaced the coin batteries and reset with the jumper as if it was a new install with no changes

Looks like a video card issue but where did you get the HDD?

oh, i was the one that sent you the hard drive and you put the files on it for me. The old hard drive was giving a bunch of errors as it tried to boot and when i put it on my pc it can't access the drive. On the new one i can see that it has one folder called img with all the files in it and i made sure to make a backup this time. any recommendation on what model card or where to buy one?

Ah yes. I put it on an SSD for you right? It worked great for me so the drive is fine I think.

I'm not an expert on the video cards. I've bought three that supposedly work but I can't get them to work.

Maybe @android can help.

I have a Lindbergh also displays no signal, but it looks like it’s the CPU is dead.

if your card has 2 outputs, check both.
it may be locked to a specific port, a lot of newer arcade gear uses DVI cables where as the CRT based ones used the VGA port.

Back