What's new
If that is expected behavior, I'll double check everything tonight when I get home and move the discussion over to the help thread if needed. Thank you, sir :)

Is it possible to have a combination to go directly to the cartridge menu without going through the game slot selection menu and the animations cycle process ?

Example :

Today's process takes some time : Right+Start > Slot selection menu > Press Start > Main Menu
What I suggest : Down+Start > Main Menu > Do whatever you want > Slot selection menu or fire directly there is only game flashed

EDIT : I think also it would be nice to have 2 ways of using the cart :

1 slot mode : you just select the game on the main menu then it flashes and reboots automatically (without doing the assign, flash games steps)
Multi slot mode : the way it works now, assign, flash games and reboot, then slots menu

Last edited:
Is it possible to have a combination to go directly to the cartridge menu without going through the game slot selection menu and the animations cycle process ?

Example :

Today's process takes some time : Right+Start > Slot selection menu > Press Start > Main Menu
What I suggest : Down+Start > Main Menu > Do whatever you want > Slot selection menu or fire directly there is only game flashed

EDIT : I think also it would be nice to have 2 ways of using the cart :

1 slot mode : you just select the game on the main menu then it flashes and reboots automatically (without doing the assign, flash games steps)
Multi slot mode : the way it works now, assign, flash games and reboot, then slots menu
1 slot mode: press start as soon as you see the guy come on screen, game list comes up. Press start on a game, it'll boot to it. (requires cart be in menu mode)
Multislot mode: After you pick your games, you can go into the menu and have it boot to game mode, it should bypass all the menu stuff and go into the game. Use the shortcut keys to change slots.

yes I agree, but what is missing IMHO is the possibility to save some time during the process, to skip the game selection menu step to access the main menu directly with a combo like down+start ingame, or even better have an ingame menu to avoid even reboot (is it possible like the unibios igm ?)

Last edited:
yes I agree, but what is missing IMHO is the possibility to save some time during the process, to skip the game selection menu step to access the main menu directly with a combo like down+start ingame, or even better have an ingame menu to avoid even reboot (is it possible like the unibios igm ?)
I might be misunderstanding you, and if I am, I apologize. Doesn't Start+UP do exactly what you want, in game?

no reason to apologize, my post is quite confusing, you answered the second part.

but I will try to make it clearer for the first part :

1. you are in the game, you press right+start, it reboots,

2. you see the darksoft logo, then you arrive to slot selection menu where you have to press start

3. then you arrive to the menu called options which I was calling the main menu

4. you select your game, press start

5. reboot flash

6. reboot

what I suggest is a way to land directly to part 3 from the game because when you have only one game in slot there's no need to use slot selection menu when only one game is loaded, imho it's a cool feature but should be activated when needed, like choosing between a real 1 slot hardware or multi slot.

Even better if Darskoft can manage to make an in game menu to call directly the options menu to select the games to flash while still in game, then land to part 5 : autoreboot, flash the game, reboots then you arrive directly in the game it would be easier to switch game rather than reboot, going to menu, then select game then reboot to flash and reboot again.

I don't know if it's clear enough, or even possible, the main idea is to reduce time from one game to another, first suggestion is to go directly to options menu when only 1 game is loaded by skipping game selection menu, second idea is to reboot only one time if you know exactly which game you want to flash, just tell the cartridge what to do while ingame and reboots to flash.

Well a picture is better than words : you play metal slug, you call the menu while still ingame, press start, it reboots twice automtically to another game without any other intervention, that's my ideal suggestion if it's possible :)

hDu3r8L.jpg

Last edited:
what I suggest is a way to land directly to part 3 from the game because when you have only one game in slot there's no need to use slot selection menu when only one game is loaded, imho it's a cool feature but should be activated when needed, like choosing between a real 1 slot hardware or multi slot.
Sounds like you basically suggesting what I did a while back. See this post and read forward for some conversation on the topic.

yes mostly my first suggestion is part of what you suggested after reading again, sorry for double post, but it was maybe worth showing interest in the same thing

so I think the only new feature to think about in my suggestions would be the ingame menu to select the next game to flash without leaving the actual game, just bring a menu like the unibios menu, flash, auto reboot

yes mostly my first suggestion is part of what you suggested after reading again, sorry for double post, but it was maybe worth showing interest in the same thing

so I think the only new feature to think about in my suggestions would be the ingame menu to select the next game to flash without leaving the actual game, just bring a menu like the unibios menu, flash, auto reboot
For sure - just though you might want to see some of the discussion around it. I did mention an in-game menu overlay as well but I don't think I itemized it at the top, just somewhere in my giant wall of text :S

I think it's so fast to flash that combined with ingame menu giving access to the list of all games it would be even better than 3 or 4 slot feature to choose straight forward between every game on the rolling pack.

Last edited:
Found these and it got me thinking!!!

For the ones that want a select slot button.
How about a pin out/ jack plug harness in new model/retro fit!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 264
Found these and it got me thinking!!!

For the ones that want a select slot button.
How about a pin out/ jack plug harness in new model/retro fit!!
I suggested it early in Dev, got denied.

As per, i'm late to the party!

Just saw the old carts and went " wow thats a good idea! "

I'm sure a software version may turn up.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before... but I would love to be able to push up on the top of the games list menu and go to the end of the list. If you want to select the last game it takes 'forever' with the current menu functionality (nope not the patient type).

Not sure if this has been mentioned before... but I would love to be able to push up on the top of the games list menu and go to the end of the list. If you want to select the last game it takes 'forever' with the current menu functionality (nope not the patient type).
excellent idea!
And also add going from the 1st page to the last when using 'left'

I think it was mentioned someplace and yeah, would def make getting to the bottom of the list easier. Would also like similar "page" jumping in the screenshot (side to side) menu. So like in that case, up and down could just from 'page' to 'page'. Def not a priority though.

Back