What's new
Just updated to latest Menu/Firmware/top etc.

Poss updates:-

A simple boot to list pick a game and boot( like old flash carts )
Even a option to cold boot back to above game ( exit via menu shortcut )

Poss a splash screen / clean screen when updating slots ( not a fan of the zx spectrum crash look, one for the old school gamer )

Updated game pics / logos ( like the mame / neo geo x game icons )

................................................................................................

On a second note what are the missing games taken out in the update? ( not in a rush, just asking )

I know of Ironclad and heard talk of crossed swords 2 ( would like to play, but not in 1st rollup pack )

A simple boot to list pick a game and boot( like old flash carts )
Even a option to cold boot back to above game ( exit via menu shortcut )
If I understood you correctly, this was alredy implemented. We call it QuickLaunch. Did you see the instructions posted here?
https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?attachments/8000/
Just to let you know these are not high up on my list:- the pic / logo image thing is higher.

yup, like Quick launch ( which i use now for fast game swap )
But as in :- cart boots to a list of games ( no pics ) we click the game and it boots ! ( no fancy into, etc ) just click and play. ( poss it saves into settings for next boot untill next menu, eg.as close to a clean cart as we can get )

I understand and don't mind the menu before game selection ( just like fancy Nint DS flash carts )

Many thanks for yours and your teams hardwork.

3. Hide the now unnecessary menu item "Exit and program games," and change the "Assign" image/wording on the game list from the A button to Start.
I dont follow you here. What would you change it for?

Love the cart. However I believe that the current configuration is

MENU---> Slot Intro Selection Screen
GAME---->Boot Slot 1 directly

What has been suggested is a 3rd Option such as

LIST ----> No Slots Displayed and shows purely a game list on Boot. This allows you to use QuickLaunch and start any game directly with a single slot flash and bypass the 3 slot feature.

I enjoy the 3 Slot Feature but adding a bypass directly to the Game List allows for newcomers to quickly be able to operate the UI with 0 learning curve.

The UI of Everdrive and other MultiCarts do not have a Slot Feature, so somewhat unintuitive when first using.

Adding this feature of LIST boot option would be a great benefit for when guests come to play.

Thanks,
Rick

Love the cart. However I believe that the current configuration is

MENU---> Slot Intro Selection Screen
GAME---->Boot Slot 1 directly

What has been suggested is a 3rd Option such as

LIST ----> No Slots Displayed and shows purely a game list on Boot. This allows you to use QuickLaunch and start any game directly with a single slot flash and bypass the 3 slot feature.

I enjoy the 3 Slot Feature but adding a bypass directly to the Game List allows for newcomers to quickly be able to operate the UI with 0 learning curve.

The UI of Everdrive and other MultiCarts do not have a Slot Feature, so somewhat unintuitive when first using.

Adding this feature of LIST boot option would be a great benefit for when guests come to play.

Thanks,
Rick
I second this. The flashing speed is so fast this would work really well!

Back