What's new

Blackfish

Professional
Reaction score
I got this NOS Naomi CP awhile back for my NAC cab. (unfortunately this is currently in pieces waiting to get repainted and put back together) It has analogue sticks. Since I have recently got a bunch of Naomi gear I was wondering which games actually use these sticks? This should also motivate me to get back to reconditioning the cabinet.

IMG_1099.jpg
IMG_1100.jpg

By heart, Super Monkey Ball (but usually you use a banana ;)), Zombie Revenge and Virtua Striker 4. There aren't much games you need these for.

it's called the Zombie Revenge panel :) Can use with zombie revenge. Same joysticks as baseball panel but can have different gate shape.

If you invert gnd and 5v you can also play monkey ball relatively well (minus expert mode anyway).

Ok, maybe I can setup the NAC with a Trisync and put a Naomi in it. I also have an extra CP in the cab mount so could swap these over pretty easy for the games that use it.

If only I had some extra hands to do all this work for me. :huh:

I believe VS does not.

@Blackfish let me know how you get on with that. Never had a decent trisync setup in my NAC as I was never satisfied with it. Bought a brandnew (old stock I suppose) Wei-Ya chassis for my Tosh tube, worked fine until it broke down. Fixed it, broken down again. Beyond repairable now, barely got any playtime out of it. After that bought a complete chassis + monitor + frame from I believe a AWSD, flat tube. Brilliant picture, but the curve didn't fit my bezel, looked like shit. So now I'm back to my stock MS9 again, whose picture in 15khz can't be beaten though :)

I have a Rodotron 666a in one of my Exceleena's. I had Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom running in it with a pretty nice picture but have move that into my Noir Vs. cabs and put Tekken 3 in the Exceleena. Tekken 3's picture is good but the brightness from the board washes the colour out a bit. I think that is the game PCB not the chassis as I've seen other people complaining about the same thing.

I would probably swap that into the NAC once its ready to go back together. I need to recap the NAC monitor as it is dead in the water at the moment. Last time I tried it it had full picture collapse.

Yeah that Rodotron is the same as my Wei-Ya. Still have it sitting in the closet, being dead. It had vertical collapse immediately when I bought it, broken vertical IC. Replaced that and worked again till it developed a fault which I still don't know what it is. But yeah, when it was working it was pretty nice.

But we're drifting a bit from your topic, my apologies :)

if I remember well, the pots of these Seimitsu LS-64are 5kohms . And i think the pots for the ps3/ps4 analog sticks too. You should be able to do a nice hackpad for Super Smash Bros if it's the same for the NGC. It could be fun to run this kind of game on a cab. Anyway, the challenge itself is interesting. I plan to try it since quite some time. Time I don't have currently. :(

Super Monkey Ball
not really, as skate said the pots need to be inverted to work with super monkey ball, also the sensitivity is all wrong which makes it harder than the proper banana panel (I've tried it, I don't recommend it).

I mean if you're willing to re-wire the thing you can technically play the Sega Gun games and driving games and flight games with this, but it's very hard and not very fun (I've also tried this, and also don't recommend it).

Virtua Striker 4
doesn't VS4 use 7 buttons per player?
20140921_220252.jpg

Do you know if Virtua Striker 3 can use it?
I've tested it, and it does not.

Zombie Revenge is the only officially supported game. Though I was able to play Ollie king on Chihiro pretty well without rewiring anything. The front kick uses button 4 but I don't think there is any functional difference in gameplay between the front kick and back kick (button 3). Assuming it's wired the same it might work with Air Trix on Hikaru too.

Last edited:
Back