What's new

ThisGuy

Professional
Reaction score
So I just pick up a non working 27” monitor with chassis. The chassis is labeled as ktmf 2641m. From what I’ve found it’s a sharp image/kortek chassis. I wanted to replace caps, fly back and hot but can only locate the cap kit
Does anyone know where I can find a fly back and hot for this chassis?
Also at moment I’m not even sure what resolution the monitor is. I’ve read low and medium but no definite answer. I was told it came out of a big buck hunter but they are capable of low and medium. Does anyone know the resolution for this chassis.
I figured for $20 it was worth the gamble on picking this up. Hopefully it will work out
Another thing I should note is that it is a Sony trinitron tube. I always thought that trinitron tunes were no good for arcades

Thank you

So Im pretty sure from my research that it is a standard resolution chassis. I still have not been able to located a replacement flyback or hot. I did order a cap kit. I guess I will change all caps and hope for the best.

Just updating post to help anyone else out in the future with this chassis and not knowing resolution. I did cap kit today and thankfully got monitor working without any issues. It’s still using Sony trinitron tube as well. I have it running a standard resolution game. So it definitely does support standard resolution. It looks like it supports another resolution too because there are 2 separate plugs for the yoke wires. I’m suspecting med but don’t have a board to test at moment. I’ll update this post if I get a medium resolution pcb. This was a good $20 gamble.

How is this monitor? I was thinking of putting it in a Blast City if it would fit? I only play CGA games. It's a $25 gamble for me. Does it require a isolation transformer?

Last edited:
How is this monitor? I was thinking of putting it in a Blast City if it would fit? I only play CGA games. It's a $25 gamble for me. Does it require a isolation transformer?
I’m not sure if curvature would fit blast. The monitor was good for $20 in my case and suited my needs until I found a better replacement. $25 isn’t much to take a chance. I don’t remember if iso was required and no longer have it to check for you.

I took the chance and picked it up. I'll check it out. I have the time! I'm pretty sure it does not require an isolation transformer.

Thanks.

EDIT: This does not fit a Blast City. Curvature is too large but will try back mount it with some longer bolts.

This monitor does not require an isolation transformer.

Last edited:
Back