What's new
so you actually need 2 fast I/Os boards one on the Vewlix cab and one on the type X, hell.
Well duh, same as with JVS, one JVS board in the cab, and a JVS board in the Type X.
How else would you hook it up?

so you actually need 2 fast I/Os boards one on the Vewlix cab and one on the type X, hell.
Well duh, same as with JVS, one JVS board in the cab, and a JVS board in the Type X.How else would you hook it up?
just realized this after reading so many threads the information isn't too clear as to what is needed to run the games. The big problem here is I haven't seen a single type x board with the fast I/O PCI. There are even some multi boards on eBay none of them have fast I/O. Single cards are non-existant I and I don't even want to know how much are they going to cost you if you could find one.

Last edited:
Single cards are non-existant I and I don't even want to know how much are they going to cost you if you could find one
Correct, Taito will NOT sell the FastIO PCI card seperatally from the X unit.
  1. That means you'll have to find one loose (on YJA)
  2. Buy another complete used X unit with one installed (from YJA)
  3. Buy a brand new X unit configured for FastIO (directly from Taito)
That is also the order of expense, least being option 1, most being option 3.

Good luck... You'll need it!
oUMEs6K.gif

just realized this after reading so many threads the information isn't too clear as to what is needed to run the games. The big problem here is I haven't seen a single type x board with the fast I/O PCIE. There are even some multi boards on eBay none of them have fast I/O. Single cards are non-existant I and I don't even want to know how much are they going to cost you if you could find one.
What is your current setup and what are you trying to get going?

Single cards are non-existant I and I don't even want to know how much are they going to cost you if you could find one
Correct, Taito will NOT sell the FastIO PCI card seperatally from the X unit.
  1. That means you'll have to find one loose (on YJA)
  2. Buy another complete used X unit with one installed (from YJA)
  3. Buy a brand new X unit configured for FastIO (directly from Taito)
That is also the order of expense, least being option 1, most being option 3.

Good luck... You'll need it!
oUMEs6K.gif
YJA stands for yahoo Japan auction am I right? Which proxy service do you use?
just realized this after reading so many threads the information isn't too clear as to what is needed to run the games. The big problem here is I haven't seen a single type x board with the fast I/O PCIE. There are even some multi boards on eBay none of them have fast I/O. Single cards are non-existant I and I don't even want to know how much are they going to cost you if you could find one.
What is your current setup and what are you trying to get going?
i have nothing yet, I have a vewlix reserved but I don't know yet which kind of I/O board I'm getting. Right now I'm just gathering information. I was thinking any type x will do, I had only find a way to play nesica games on it but it's proven difficult as I keep reading.

It seems we've seen an increase in FastIO Vewlix configured cabs this past year.
So you certainly could get lucky and have the IO already installed.
Even if you are lacking the Vewlix FastIO, you can order just that part from Taito directly (I think around 300$ with fees/shipping).

As I said above the part you can't seem to find/buy is the FastIO PCI card that goes inside the X system.
So if you do not already own a X system... Don't buy one unless you have confirmed it has the card installed first.

Funny story, my Vewlix Diamond came configured perfectly for Necisa/FastIO (even came with a Nesica xLive flyer book/manual that had basically ALL the games in it).
I ripped all that shit out and sold it to @Derick2k and converted it back into JVS with brand new parts from Taito.
Basically the exact opposite of what you guys are trying to accomplish. :rolleyes:
OG675d6.jpg

FastIO, Nesica, X systems... I don't give a fuck about any of it, IMO its trash (go play Mars Matrix).

Last edited by a moderator:
Taito will not sell the fast io or card readers pcbs. I’ve tried. But luckily I have enough spares of the fast io/Jamma connector io versions.

I think taito might be moving to the newer usb io pcb on their newer games, which should also allow for plugging in a usb controller like a ps4 one.

I got unbelievably lucky and got my FastIO DMAC, FastIO JAMMA card and card reader from one person for a great price in the USA, if you don't get a Type X2 that already has a card in it you're probably never going to find one without buying a Type X2 that has one in it. I have NEVER seen another one for sale on its own.

You can also use JVS2FastIO right with Niko’s menu?
Should less complicate your setup?
I don't think that has been released yet.
From what I know there is a FastIO2JVS ‘emulator’ in the multi image, so that should be fine.

But Niko can confirm hopefully
I see the FastIO2JVS in the C:\TypeXmulti\assets folder. Is it just a matter of copying the DLL and registering it with Windows to get it installed and working?

You can also use JVS2FastIO right with Niko’s menu?
Should less complicate your setup?
I don't think that has been released yet.
From what I know there is a FastIO2JVS ‘emulator’ in the multi image, so that should be fine.

But Niko can confirm hopefully
I see the FastIO2JVS in the C:\TypeXmulti\assets folder. Is it just a matter of copying the DLL and registering it with Windows to get it installed and working?
What are you trying to do?

The FastIO2JVS.dll is used for playing JVS games with a Fast I/O.

It has to be injected into the game's exe at launch and loads the iDmacDrv32.dll library from 'C:\TypeXmulti\assets\'

Quite off-topic but which one do you consider the fastest JVS board? I’ve heard Capcom I/O shows a very bad response time.

Did not want to open a new thread so I post it here:

C101F79D-2090-4802-934F-A4B6B6982C34.jpg

J9100647A

What is specific or supposed to be special about this Board for SFV??

Did not want to open a new thread so I post it here:

C101F79D-2090-4802-934F-A4B6B6982C34.jpg

J9100647A

What is specific or supposed to be special about this Board for SFV??
Pretty sure all of the USB IO are coded only for one particular game. So that IO board would be useful if you have a TTX4 with SFV Type Arcade on it

Back