What's new

nam9

Champion
Reaction score
Hi,

Maybe i have missed detains elsewhere, but which TTX2 / Nesica games require Fast I/O?
(Essentially, how limited am I games-wise when it comes to having a TTX2 setup with JVS only?

Also... does anyone have pics/info on the Fast I/O / JVS setup on TTX3 units?
I have only ever seen the back panel for it...

562526.jpg

What does the rest of this look like? I assume there is a PCI board included...
Could this work with Niko's multi? Are drivers available?

Cheers!

Basically every Nesica released game on TTX2 uses Fast IO and every TTX3 game.
As far as JVS on TTX2 all JVS games run on Niko's multi and are included in the 'notniko' torrent floating around....

The part you circled on the TTX3 is all there is, that connects directly to a Fast IO in your cab.

Thanks @PascalP

Fairly straight forward then.
JVS should cover me for now it seems.

The TTX3 pic though - I was interested in what is installed in the TTX3 unit itself..
I assume that the part cirled is a hybrid of JVS (which will connect to the motherbaord) and Fast IO (which will connect via PCI).
Just haven't seen what those parts look like up close

If I get to it I can upon up my TTX3 unit and take some pics if you like

If you don't mind!
Mostly for curiosity at this point, but would be interesting if the Nesica titles are added in the future.

Appreciated!

no problem, can take some time tough, travelling later this week and my weekend plans are moving all my arcade stuff from the spare bedroom to the basement ;)

Basically every Nesica released game on TTX2 uses Fast IO and every TTX3 game.
As far as JVS on TTX2 all JVS games run on Niko's multi and are included in the 'notniko' torrent floating around....

The part you circled on the TTX3 is all there is, that connects directly to a Fast IO in your cab.
No that panel connects to the pcie card to the left of the GPU with the big metal thing sticking out which then connects to a serial port header and front panel header on the motherboard for jvs/power control.

Updated since I found these shots online:

i-img1200x800-15388759273hsj9p811607.jpg
i-img1200x800-1538875941h2lsnx561593.jpg
i-img1200x800-15388759492mh12n797233.jpg

Would be interested if this I/O would be compatible with the TTX2 Multi..

With the multi yes it works fine however I don't think it works with 32 bit drivers from the X2 system. Not entirely positive there.

Updated since I found these shots online:

i-img1200x800-15388759273hsj9p811607.jpg
i-img1200x800-1538875941h2lsnx561593.jpg
i-img1200x800-15388759492mh12n797233.jpg

Would be interested if this I/O would be compatible with the TTX2 Multi..
I just bought one of these on YAJ. I'm planning on building a micro ATX PC with this in it for Niko's Multi. Anyone know how/where to get the drivers for this? If they come in 32bit or just 64bit?

Well, thats a hard question
Because even a jvs, and even a fast io have limitations, as to what controller is plugged into them Meaning you could have a fast io, but with out the gc controller its not going to be very playable with said joystick setup
so I am going to assume you mean what stick and button games are playable on both

For JVS, You have the option to run nikos multi and boot all original None fast io games, Everything form Kof 98 To Kof Climax, to street fighter 4 arcade edition
You cannot run most nesica titles, however there is a few you can and those are battle Fanstisa, 3d cosplay mahjong, Samurai spirits sen , BBCS2 and kof climaxx nxl version both accept fio and jvs.

With JVS you are also able to run Nikos, JVS to keyboard code, thus turning your jvs device into a keyboard as seen by windows xp, this enables things like mame and other home-brew apps to control.

For Fast io, You can run every game designed to run on a fast io, so games such as ultra, nxl titles, ect including nikos multi however your not able to then go and play JVS titles, however
Corey has released a fast io to keyboard much like the one above, that enables you to homebrew up just about any software you would like

as to what id say is best, well personally a real rfid and fast io, because you can then play just bout everything, today was a jvs, is limited.

I just bought one of these on YAJ. I'm planning on building a micro ATX PC with this in it for Niko's Multi. Anyone know how/where to get the drivers for this? If they come in 32bit or just 64bit?
shot me a PM of which version of the driver you want ill and send you the correct files.

Because even a jvs, and even a fast io have limitations, as to what controller is plugged into them Meaning you could have a fast io, but with out the gc controller its not going to be very playable with said joystick setup
so I am going to assume you mean what stick and button games are playable on both

For JVS, You have the option to run nikos multi and boot all original None fast io games, Everything form Kof 98 To Kof Climax, to street fighter 4 arcade edition
You cannot run most nesica titles, however there is a few you can and those are battle Fanstisa, 3d cosplay mahjong, Samurai spirits sen , BBCS2 and kof climaxx nxl version both accept fio and jvs.

With JVS you are also able to run Nikos, JVS to keyboard code, thus turning your jvs device into a keyboard as seen by windows xp, this enables things like mame and other home-brew apps to control.

For Fast io, You can run every game designed to run on a fast io, so games such as ultra, nxl titles, ect including nikos multi however your not able to then go and play JVS titles, however
Corey has released a fast io to keyboard much like the one above, that enables you to homebrew up just about any software you would like

as to what id say is best, well personally a real rfid and fast io, because you can then play just bout everything, today was a jvs, is limited.
This took me a few days to completely get my head around it. Was very enlightening, thank you @atrfate.

I bought a Nesica RFID unit and now i’m trying to figure out which Taito Fast I/O PCB to get.

Last edited:

Actually with my multi, you can use FastIO to play JVS or FastIO games. As I've written a FastIO to JVS library, and from the few games I've tested, its actually brings JVS games up to the speed of FastIO due to blocking nature of functions the game has to call in order to poll the I/O.

Actually with my multi, you can use FastIO to play JVS or FastIO games. As I've written a FastIO to JVS library, and from the few games I've tested, its actually brings JVS games up to the speed of FastIO due to blocking nature of functions the game has to call in order to poll the I/O.
Well, I wasnt sure if that was inside 1.4 or not, :D but that still counts as homebrew app huehue

I finally manage to have the fast io board running…..
I have two questions if possible…
It's normal that JVS games like sf4 for example, give me IO error if i use fast io instead of jvs?

With your FastIO to Jvs, it could be possible to run some fast io games that give me 0203 IO Error?

I finally manage to have the fast io board running…..I have two questions if possible…
It's normal that JVS games like sf4 for example, give me IO error if i use fast io instead of jvs?

With your FastIO to Jvs, it could be possible to run some fast io games that give me 0203 IO Error?
Someone pointed out the SF4 bug to me the other day. I'll have that fixed in the next release.

The only FastIO game that is supported in v1.4 of my multi is BBCS2, all the other FastI/O games are Nesica games which give you that error because you do not have a RFID reader attached. When Taito retires NesicaXLive, I'll add support for the Nesica games into my multi. Including RFID emulation so you wont need an RFID reader.

I finally manage to have the fast io board running…..I have two questions if possible…It's normal that JVS games like sf4 for example, give me IO error if i use fast io instead of jvs?

Someone pointed out the SF4 bug to me the other day. I'll have that fixed in the next release.
The only FastIO game that is supported in v1.4 of my multi is BBCS2, all the other FastI/O games are Nesica games which give you that error because you do not have a RFID reader attached. When Taito retires NesicaXLive, I'll add
support for the Nesica games into my multi. Including RFID emulation so you wont need an RFID reader.
This means that sf4 should works also with fast io in the net realease?
So that 0203 is not the io board but the rfid card reader?
I want to understand where it needs to be mounted then…..
In your multi also Rastan and Elevator Action can play well.

Not wanting to hijack the thread but -

I'm about to receive a pair of Vewlix-F's, according to the wiki on ArcadeOtaku they should be JVS. The shipper has told me they both have Fastio and Nesica card readers installed.

All the TTX2's I have are JVS only and with Naomi, 246/256, TTX1, MAME-PC + JVSPAC I need some way of running them as JVS.

Is it just a matter of swapping out the Fastio PCB for the JVS equivalent and leaving the Nesica card reader unplugged?

I don't want to be stuck with just my SF IV TTX3 working with them.

Also if I pickup a TTX3 fastio pcb or TTX2 JVS pcb could I plug it into my Windows-7-64 bit MAME PC and use it instead of the JVS-PAC?

I can say with certainty fast io emulation works on the JVS SF4 releases. There's a bug in the 1.4 release that disables the JVS emulation that you have to work around but it's fairly easy to do. You have to boot the multi up with only fastio connected and nothing on JVS and set the configuration file for the multi to be read-only. The card reader is registered as a jvs node by the multi which disables jvs emulation but works fine once you get around that bug.

Back