What's new
Either way batteries are evil! PGMs often die from the same problem. Supercaps make me feel more at ease.
Guess what can leak too ;)

I never remove the rechargeable coin cells on MVS boards, unless they're actual duds. More of than not they just need a good charge to work. Although if you're not powering them on often, they will go flat eventually. In this case a regular battery is better.

Cheers for the pics, so yep I see - caps on a daughterboard just like the JNX mod.
Yep I'd try to pop the RCA sockets onto part of the PCB itself near the dip switch package, as there is a little room there :)
Also there are plenty of ground plane points on the bottom of the PCB, you didn't need to run ground all the way to jamma pin 1, but it's all the same I suppose! :thumbsup:

Either way batteries are evil! PGMs often die from the same problem. Supercaps make me feel more at ease.
Yeah, attempting to fix PGM's is another of my addictions ;)

pgmsfixed.jpg

yeah, everyday i'm learning something new :D

There lots to learn but on the other hand there are lots of little successes all the time... :thumbsup:

pgm looks quite interesting too, let's one is coming my way...

They really shouldn't make you feel at ease. Check out what the supercaps do to Naomi boards sometimes. They are just as bad as batteries, just not as widespread.

I've actually got 2 Naomi 2 boards on my bench that are getting supercap replacements tonight. They are both starting to show the signs of leakage. Just hoping it's not too late.

True but I sleep better with a supercap installed than a battery!

I might consider an off board battery solution but haven't gotten around to sorting it out yet.

They really shouldn't make you feel at ease. Check out what the supercaps do to Naomi boards sometimes. They are just as bad as batteries, just not as widespread.
I've actually got 2 Naomi 2 boards on my bench that are getting supercap replacements tonight. They are both starting to show the signs of leakage. Just hoping it's not too late.
I don't know about Naomi 2, but i just remove all my N1's supercaps and run the system like that.

Back