What's new

hursit

Staff member
Enlightened
Reaction score
Hello guys.
You know I made a Taito Vewlix Diamond Arcade cabinet before. You can check it here:

Taito Vewlix Diamond Replica

So nowadays, I wanna produce capcom cute cabinet. I want to make it exactly the same. It will be metal as original. But I need this cabinet's dimensions. But it has to be identical as original.
If someone has this cabinet and can help me about dimensions. I will be happy :). After the first cabinet maybe I can make to volume- produce :)

thanks...

EDIT

Here are the final pictures 8o
I will release a video in 3 days :thumbsup:

T8QzSZ1.jpg

RjmGNiX.jpg

9XjrhOe.jpg

jDKcKwL.jpg

Last edited:
Some issues you are going to have reproducing an accurate Mini Cute cab...

The CRT, it was a special JPN 18" version, I'm not even sure what the USA conversion would be (if one exists).
Japan measures monitors from tube edge but America from display edge.

The smoked black curved plexiglass bezel/monitor cover.
I don't know how you will ever recreate/source this part.

Paging @rewrite (the only person I know who owns one). ;)

Some issues you are going to have reproducing an accurate Mini Cute cab...

The CRT, it was a special JPN 18" version, I'm not even sure what the USA conversion would be (if one exists).
Japan measures monitors from tube edge but America from display edge.

The smoked black curved plexiglass bezel/monitor cover.
I don't know how you will ever recreate/source this part.

Paging @rewrite (the only person I know who owns one). ;)
Thanks for your answer.
Yes you are right I cannot find exactly the same CRT. But I will use some TV model that is 50cm. Original is 47 CM Tube.
And the plexiglass can make flexible with hot air. I made it before.
For the monitor cover I have an idea :)
it won't be easy I know but I think I can make it.
I Hope @rewrite can help me...

I've actually been working on the same project, except scaled up about 1/2" to accommodate a standard 19" monitor. With mind to have several produced so that all sorts of folks could enjoy them.

Seeing as we're on opposite continents I don't imagine we'd be stepping on one another's toes, so yeah, give me a bit and I'll try to get you all the dimensions in some form better than the chicken-scratch hand-drawn notes that I used for myself.

If I forget, by all means, please PM me. Because I do forget about things.

I've actually been working on the same project, except scaled up about 1/2" to accommodate a standard 19" monitor. With mind to have several produced so that all sorts of folks could enjoy them.

Seeing as we're on opposite continents I don't imagine we'd be stepping on one another's toes, so yeah, give me a bit and I'll try to get you all the dimensions in some form better than the chicken-scratch hand-drawn notes that I used for myself.

If I forget, by all means, please PM me. Because I do forget about things.
İt is great to hear you are working on this project ı hope we can make and and help each other. I Will be waiting your news

Very cool, would be awesome to see these made/fabricated.
I would love to have a scaled down accurate fully working desktop version.
Little 4:3 aspect LCD screen, single player panel with 24mm Sanwa buttons/Seimitsu LS56 stick and Raspberry PI inside.

I'd call it the "Micro Cute" (stealing all the original artwork and reworking it slightly) haha. :thumbsup:

Very cool, would be awesome to see these made/fabricated.
I would love to have a scaled down accurate fully working desktop version.Little 4:3 aspect LCD screen, single player panel with 24mm Sanwa buttons/Seimitsu LS56 stick and Raspberry PI inside.

I'd call it the "Micro Cute" (stealing all the original artwork and reworking it slightly) haha. :thumbsup:
"Micro Cute" is a great idea :D
I will design it for CRT and LCD screen. Two monitors can be used. ( I hope :) )

Two monitors can be used. ( I hope )
I'd say the biggest advantage in using a LCD the same size (or as close as possible) to the original Cute is that LCD panels in this size range are still made in 4:3 aspect ratios.
Again I would want it as close to the original as I could, and all the games I would want to play (90's Capcom fighters) wouldn't need/use the 16:9 aspect anyways (aka swapping CRT for LCD should be both possible and easy).

$_35.jpg
234.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Two monitors can be used. ( I hope )
I'd say the biggest advantage in using a LCD the same size (or as close as possible) to the original Cute is that LCD panels in this size range are still made in 4:3 aspect ratios.Again I would want it as close to the original as I could, and all the games I would want to play (90's Capcom fighters) wouldn't need/use the 16:9 aspect anyways (aka swapping CRT for LCD should be both possible and easy).

$_35.JPG
234.jpg
Thanks for you information by the way. I will decide on next days I think.

I made some progress today. I draw some parts and control panel layout. But it is not exact sizes. I have to find real sizes of the control panel. I hope someone help me :)

admhsL.png

OphRka.png

V3J8Ns.png

uDMaNl.png

0Ei0Iv.png

CP measures: 18 1/16"x 5 1/4", and is rounded on the bottom a bit.

You can see the rounding fairly well here: https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8605/16604867112_734818d6f8.jpg

I'm not sure how to most accurately get center stick/button measurements...

There's an NOS CPO on YAJ that's gone by like six times. I've half a mind to buy it to have someone reproduce them, but I think the market's way too small. Plus, I have 23205723058 other project ideas, but limited time/resources.

^THAT^ :D

Looks awesome already.

Maybe @rewrite can take lots of pics and measurements for you.

Also, you should try to get some of the original parts like the CP, etc..

CP Box dimensions: 19 5/8"W x 6 3/16"D and 2 15/16"H.

Speaker grills are exactly 4" in diameter.

Marquee is 13 5/6" wide and perfectly centered, cabinet at top where the marquee goes in is 19 11/16" wide.

^THAT^ :D
Also, you should try to get some of the original parts like the CP, etc..
The CP's usually pop up pretty cheap. I want to say the last several were under $200.

I'll keep getting dimensions over the next little bit here.

I should really find a metric tape measure...

CP Box dimensions: 19 5/8"W x 6 3/16"D and 2 15/16"H.

Speaker grills are exactly 4" in diameter.

Marquee is 13 5/6" wide and perfectly centered, cabinet at top where the marquee goes in is 19 11/16" wide.
Thanks for your information. It is great info. But if you ok lets go step by step. I will upload some pictures every time and you can tell me the dimensions when you have time.
You can see some arrows Red And Black. Firs I need those dimensions.
Thank you so much for your help.

k4RJl1.jpg

kFQAWl.jpg

But if you ok lets go step by step. I will upload some pictures every time and you can tell me the dimensions when you have time.
This is a good approach.

Let me go buy a metric measuring tape, I think that will be easier in the long run. I'll get the rest of the CP done today for certain.

Let me go buy a metric measuring tape, I think that will be easier in the long run. I'll get the rest of the CP done today for certain.
and finally the change to the metric system begins.............. :D Now if only the rest of the country follows suit. Hehe :rolleyes:

and finally the change to the metric system begins.............. :D Now if only the rest of the country follows suit. Hehe :rolleyes:
Being in Technical Publication businesswise I can only support that ;)

Back