What's new
I think a smarter option may be to get a shop to perform measurements of an original and send those exact measurements. I know a fabricator in town and I can ask but I'm sure his time isn't free either.
Thanks for the pictures and it looks very good condition as Brand New.
Yes you can give me the measurements but the best way to make it is getting the original one.

I hope after everything's done and said the price goes down enough there cheap enough

I have been contemplating on offering my skills in some way, if you were going to shoot for a 1:1 repro. I'm located in the US and have the CAD skills to do this stuff (I am a mechanical designer, and used to be a drafter for a machine shop). However I don't really have measuring tools outside of really basic stuff like a digital Mic, ruler, etc, nor a CAD program to outside of work. I only have experience with CREO and Inventor, so I would really have to crash course one of the free ones or figure out how to get solidworks (and learn it) in a short period of time to do this outside of work. So pretty much all those obstacles, plus people need to trust with me various things, and I have only been a month or two lurker with no presence in this community haha.

However if anybody can think of a way I can help, let me know. I just would have to do it on my lunch breaks and after hours. I could potentially create fill in the "X" dimension drawings for various parts if I were given step file models, and people with Mini-cutes can go out and get the parts measured. But I'm assuming the project is past that point for most of it, and Hursit probably has those skills.

Either way. Super cool project, I rarely see this stuff come to daylight in other communities. It generally stops at drafting lol.

Gotta love creo
Oh boy do I miss it. My current job uses Inventor. Its an Inconsistent mess of problems. Creo is a struggle to learn, but its models are so concrete constraint wise, and you get consistent results. CREO has it weird things, but all CAD programs do. When I did drawings off of CREO I could change the model without even opening the part. With inventor I can't even pull the integrated model dimensions into the drawing properly, I have to create new ones. Which sucks from an design standpoint.

Some picture updates :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

we need the marquee and a nice video review from a fellow Arcade-projects local member:)..

That's pretty incredible. The average person would have no idea it wasn't an original.

Is the original really 19.6" in width? That's pretty impressive and small enough to fit into my office.

pics sent.. if it makes sense to get my cab to you or not, I'm totally IN for one either way.

Back