What's new
the kick harness isnt really special.. I bought a full sftm cab.. button four is actually wired into the jamma harness on each player 1/2, the kick harness is just buttons 5 and 6 and 2 grounds for each player. Standard inline molex with a .10 spacing I believe.

I agree these can be made no problem. One of the pcbs I got came with the kick harness for it and I believe he made it himself. The thing is that not everyone is going to get the pcb and understand exactly what they need to get the two buttons to work. The harness was made exclusively for this pcb and it wasn't the most popular game out there so I think some people may have problems figuring this out if they buy only the pcb. I can find cps1, cps2 ,and mortal kombat kick harness out in the wild all day but definitely not for SFTM. They are easy to make once you do FIGURE out what you need for sure.

The thing is that not everyone is going to get the pcb and understand exactly what they need to get the two buttons to work.
If you can't google the manual to look it up and build it yourself then you probably shouldn't be buying arcade PCBs.

It took me about 2 minutes to find the PDF and crop this out into a jpg... now this information is even easier to find.

SFTM.jpg

I believe this is the same pinout used by Street Fighter 1.

i actually haven't built the connector yet, but the manual i'm looking at shows buttons 4 and 5 on the jamma edge, and button 6 coming off JP12 (3 pin connector, two inputs and a common ground). I think to make it work on my supergun I might need to remap the buttons or reroute a little bit, but totally doable! thanks for the heads up.

My sound board and my motherboard are mixed parts from Golden Tee 3d boards, so I still need to poke around to make sure all my other components are good to go. Battery, jumpers, etc. Also the output is very dim, but I don't see many caps to replace. Maybe just the game?

I think this is easy to find myself but I have read countless posts on other forums where people buy this game and expect it to work with a cps1 or 2 kick connector and it doesn't. There is a guy right now on the klov forums who makes kick harnesses and when I asked him about the SFTM kick harness he said that he gets a lot of requests for that particular kick harness and just wanted all the info in order to make them. I guess what I'm getting at is I guess none of these people should have bought the pcb and the guy making kick harnesses should find something else to do because he doesn't have enough knowledge? If I'm correct most video game pcbs made didn't use kick harnesses at all but maybe I'm wrong.

Mainly fighters, not much else needs >3 buttons (mahjong excepted). Of course you get things like Atomiswave that has 5 buttons, all driven straight off the jamma connector.

I didn't have any problem making a kick harness for SFTM when I got the board, looked for the manual, found the pinout, made a connector. Not sure why it's an issue...

I seriously can make you a kick harness if you need it.. it will take a few days because its not like I can run to radio shack and get the connectors I need - but if you really need it PM me your address and tomorrow I will order the adapters and wire it up.. will take a whole 15 minutes of my time..

REMEMBER -- SFTM requires button 4 and 5 to be mapped on the Jamma harness so if yours isnt.. you will need to run a connection to it.. not knowing the jamma harness you have i dont know if I can just add a plug and play wire to it or not. send me a photo - i might be able to get you a hook up for that too.

Last edited:
I seriously can make you a kick harness if you need it.. it will take a few days because its not like I can run to radio shack and get the connectors I need - but if you really need it PM me your address and tomorrow I will order the adapters and wire it up.. will take a whole 15 minutes of my time..

REMEMBER -- SFTM requires button 4 and 5 to be mapped on the Jamma harness so if yours isnt.. you will need to run a connection to it.. not knowing the jamma harness you have i dont know if I can just add a plug and play wire to it or not. send me a photo - i might be able to get you a hook up for that too.
Is that directed at me? Thanks for the offer but I've got it covered :)

its for whoever needed it :)

but ya if you where the one on about it - I can hook you up.

It is possible to know the power of the capacitors the graphic part and the sound of Street fighters the movie jamma? Thanks

Back