What's new

zombie343

Student
Reaction score
I'm using a dead MvsC1 B-board.

All the jumpers are correct from the beginning. No work needed from me.

I installed the reset cable to SW5. The SD card lists all of the roms (some give me 'Operation Failed' when loading, but for the roms that load, auto reset works, "Now Playing..." everything seems fine.

However, I always get black screen for video output.

What can I check to fix this?

Thank you.

I reseated everything and now I get video! ....but now autoreset doesn't work...and my LCD screen has all white bars (the text is visible but only from a very wide angle).

This is so frustrating.

Alright. Reseated everything again and I notice d a broken pin on the bottom left of the PCB labeled Mainboard.

I think it's a GND pin for the ROM's IC socket.

I soldered a jumper from the pin's hole to the other side of the IC socket.

Could this be causing the bars on the LCD?
image.jpeg

Here's a picture of the LCD ribbon cable:
image.jpeg

That little dial fixed it. Thank you sir!

When I close everything up, it's very tight, even after using a Dremel to remove the post.

....And I get a green screen whenever loading a rom when everything is closed up.

I'd easily pay another $100 to not have to deal with this despit getting this far.

I'm tempted to put everything in a box for another month.

I see what you need to do. See on the ribbon cable how the cable is folded over itself and there is a little clip on top? Remove that piece and everything will fit perfectly. You can just grab the plastic arch-like part on top and snap it off.

Removing the plastic cap on the provided cable fixed the height situation and now the case closed cleanly.

However, I'm worried that in trying to close the case the first time the pins became damaged. Keep in mind, I'm still getting a green screen ever since trying to close the case (even after fixing previously bent pins everything was working).

I remove the board to reseat it and 2 more bent pins probably from trying to close the case the first time with the provided cable.

I fixed them with jumpers but still getting s green screen. I'm afraid to remove and reseat the board again for fear of finding more bent pins.

I'm at such a loss here. After all this work, YouTube video watching, forum searching across 3 forums to get here....and after having a working board...I'm so upset that that this isn't working. I wish I would have known to fix the cable from the get go.

What do I do? Will I have to buy another board for $325 if I find another bent pin
image.jpeg
?

Last edited:
No. Send me your kit and I will fix the pins for you and test it. Just pay return shipping.

-or-

Send everything to me including the B-board and I will install EVERYTHING and test it for a small fee plus return shipping.

PM sent! You rock! Thank you! I really appreciate your help!

Alright. Got this today and got it all working. I replaced three broken pins and replaced the contrast pot which was crushed a bit. Everything worked fine when the b-board pcb itself was placed on the A-board but when I placed it in the case it just would not push all the way down into the A-board. The b-board pcb seems more flexible and won't make good contact because of the post we had to remove. This causes gfx and sound errors. So to fix this problem I cut two pieces of styrofoam and placed them above the connectors of the main kit pcb and the case.

5cheso.jpg

It's not very pretty but it does the job very well.

I love you man. You rock!

Seriously, best support for any product I've ever purchased!!

Yep. Noticed that. Yours was very clean all around.

Can explain the discrepancy to me about the screw holes? Thanks!

He installed extra screws on the inside to prevent the pcb from moving around. Maybe he can post a picture.

I'd like to suggest you use a nut+screw + 1 washer at the inside to prevent the nut from damaging the B-BOARD.

Sorry my picture has been MIA, I simply haven't had to open up the shell for anything since it came back from Mitsurugi (sound crackle fix+auto reset firmware).

Next time I have it open I will snap off a few good shots, its a simple solution clean effective at holding the board down.

Back