What's new

Mini_Goat_King

Student
Reaction score
Hello. Maybe a silly question, but can a tri-synch monitor in a Sega Net City be rotated to play Ikaruga? Thank you.

Yes, remove the front bezel and back cover (optional I think) and then it is 4 bolts

You CAN do it solo by resting it on the CP, but it's 100x easier with a friend.

I for sure always do it with a friend, too expensive CRT to accidentally get damaged when doing it on your own.

I generally remove front bezel and back monitor surround as a precaution. Watch your speaker/flourescent wiring.

I'm a 6 foot 2 hockey player and it's still a bit sketchy to do alone. The main reason I take the back off is so I can clear the VGA wiring and such, and reroute it cleanly before putting the back cover back on.

Thank you all for the advice. I will get a buddy to help as my ego isn't worth the time it will take me to try and fix/find another Tri-Sych lol

Definitely remove the back cover as well. The monitors in mine have their leads bundled so tightly that you could never rotate the monitor without unbundling and / or disconnecting them.

Definitely remove the back cover as well. The monitors in mine have their leads bundled so tightly that you could never rotate the monitor without unbundling and / or disconnecting them.
Exactly, just dismantled my NNC to move it down the stairs.
No way I could have rotated the monitor without taking the back of

If you have the space you can leave the back cover on and lay the cab down with something like a chair to support the cab so it's not sitting on the monitor back plastic
it's much easier to pull the monitor out and rotate it when you are standing above it than trying to hold it at chest height and move it back into position

Back