Conversions on Irem M85

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• True, but unlike the M72 you feed the customs ports with both the start & end of sample data. The only thing that has crossed my mind tonight is if the interrupt controller also feeds interrupts to the custom DAC in which case I believe there is an extra parameter sent to the interrupt controller in P4P which isn't sent for RType II. This is just from memory though, really should check it in the code! Anyway I am just about to email over my version of the sound rom.
    • Well now I am confused!
      I picked up a second P4P so I could continue playing as I wanted to leave my first one as RType.
      As it has been a few weeks since I last played with RType II my various trial folders didn't make much sense so I started editing a new set. Anyway to cut a long story short I was having trouble with my remapped sound rom as all the sample sounds sounds were shifted out by 1 which meant a couple didn't play and I was getting clicking over the FM sounds.
      So I decided to go back to my original patched RType II sound rom......... and it worked fine!
      So I then swapped the roms out with my original P4P board only to find the samples don't work, I just get the very short blip of noise for each sample.
      So now I am not sure if my new board is faulty or if my old board was actually faulty. Though I am fairly sure both produced P4P samples correctly.
      The only way to prove it is to rom swap again with P4P roms.... Total pain!
    • Apocalypse wrote:

In fact the cause of the missing sound on my P4P board was the custom sample chip dragging data lines down.
      I just found the problem with my original M85 and sampled sounds. Even though I had been careful I had still managed to break pin 10's (A2) track on the sample rom. I found this fairly easily as all pins apart from (CE) connect to the empty second sample socket. I do hate the way Irem use such fines tracks and often put two tracks between pins. Anyway just a thought for you as it may be worth checking the pins in case it isn't the custom.

I can now confirm I have RType II working perfectly and due to the faulty board I was using for testing I actually had it working almost a month ago!!!
      I will release V5 of the patcher very shortly with the patches.
    • GadgetFreak wrote:

I just found the problem with my original M85 and sampled sounds. Even though I had been careful I had still managed to break pin 10's (A2) track on the sample rom. I found this fairly easily as all pins apart from (CE) connect to the empty second sample socket. I do hate the way Irem use such fines tracks and often put two tracks between pins. Anyway just a thought for you as it may be worth checking the pins in case it isn't the custom.
      I can now confirm I have RType II working perfectly and due to the faulty board I was using for testing I actually had it working almost a month ago!!!
      I will release V5 of the patcher very shortly with the patches.
      I fixed my P4P board. When installing sockets I bridged a pad with a nearby (really close, too close) trace.
      Now my R-Type II conversion works perfectly!
      In fact I had it working 3 months ago!!!

You beat me on the release, well done for your job. :thumbsup:

Damn cursed P4P boards ;)

Selling files for conversions/desuicide on Sega System C2/Sega System 24/Sega System 32, Capcom CPS1, Irem M92/M107 and more (just ask)
      Money is reinvested in boards, parts and tools in order to release more stuff.
      Contact me through my blog: arcadefixer.blogspot.co.nz/

The post was edited 1 time, last by Apocalypse ().