Last chance for PS-IO!

• Looks like I ordered in November. It's going to be a long wait.
      Cabs: 1x Cyberlead II, 1x Mini Cute, 1x Neo 19, 1x MVS-U4, 1x Vewlix F, 1x Vewlix Dia, 1x Sega City, 1x Jubeat, 1x WMMT3, 1x Egret 2, 1x Puzzles & Dragons Battle Tournament, 1x Groover Coaster 2, 1x Megalo 410 (en route).

On the hunt for: Point Blank dedicated, Sega Mini Cab, 2 NAC, 2 AWSD, Naomi Upright Gun Cabinets.
    • Went back to look at my email, and see when I ordered, and what the details were.....order was Sep. 28...

" You will of course receive an email notifying you when wehave new information regarding your order and when we have startedassembling it, which will be hopefully by February 2018 if everythinggoes to our timeframe and planning. If we do have any news or issueshowever, it will be on our website under the 'News' page. We wouldlike to thank you very much for your pre-order. It has helped us tonow complete the mass production and assembly process. "

As of now, they are 2 months behind. They stated that the news page would have info on updates or setbacks, and this is a first time venture for them, at this scale. I would love to have the device already, but 2-3 months behind, on a project of this scale, is pretty standard. Darksoft has his setup/funding/production down to a science now, after many lessons, and setbacks I'm sure. I do hope it their company doesn't crash, or go belly up...but i'd rather have the device, than my money back, on this one all day long.
    • bagheera369 wrote:

I would love to have the device already, but 2-3 months behind, on a project of this scale, is pretty standard.
      Absence of communication is not though.
      Cabs: 1x Cyberlead II, 1x Mini Cute, 1x Neo 19, 1x MVS-U4, 1x Vewlix F, 1x Vewlix Dia, 1x Sega City, 1x Jubeat, 1x WMMT3, 1x Egret 2, 1x Puzzles & Dragons Battle Tournament, 1x Groover Coaster 2, 1x Megalo 410 (en route).

On the hunt for: Point Blank dedicated, Sega Mini Cab, 2 NAC, 2 AWSD, Naomi Upright Gun Cabinets.
    • deibit wrote:

patience is a virtue...
      I suppose, but I didn't sign up for a kickstarter for PSIO. I paid for an allegedly existing product that indicated it would be available to me within some amount of months. Everything I saw prior to my payment indicated to me that they took in a batch of pre-orders, filled the orders over a couple of months and then repeated the process. At no point was I notified that the rules had changed.

What I don't like is that I'm essentially, without my consent, now part of bankrolling the product so that they can get to the point of people just being able to buy a unit that's in stock. Had I not even paid and just waited until the time that they actually have stock, it seems like I'd have been able to just buy one and get it relatively soon after. Sure, there's a risk they never get to that point.

What perk am I getting for being an investor vs the guy who buys one once they have some in stock? Apparently we're both going to get our purchase around the same time.

In the end it's really a frustration at lack of communication. Whenever I've done small-scale offerings, I'm in frequent communication with buyers so they know what's up. On a larger scale it seems even more important to manage that communication. I mean, they have everyone's email address. Why not send a monthly update newsletter? "Hey, September group, we changed the rules and now here's what's up." "June/July group, screw you guys, we're taking more pre-orders and might get back to you some time in a year." :P

Do I want a PSIO? Yes, definitely. Am I going to cancel my pre-order? Probably not.
    • I got two PSIO units about a year back, I can honestly say that the wait is definitely worth it -- works flawlessly.

Being in Australia is handy (for the cheap postage to 'em for the Switchboard install) -- they even installed a Crystal Oscillator into one of my units so I could use the existing modchip and AV cable.

There was a issue with one of my units recently, and they accepted the cart back and fixed it up and threw in some goodies too. This was well after an assumed warranty period. Definitely honest and good dudes, you won't get ripped off, the wait may suck, but from a consumer standpoint, I think you're ok.
    • djsheep wrote:

I can honestly say that the wait is definitely worth it
      It's a really nice device, and it supports the mega popular BIN/CUE format (unlike GDEmu and RHEA).
      Just about the only prep work required is for games with redbook audio tracks (need *.cu2 file) or multi disc games.
      Darksoft: CPS3, ST-V, CPS2, F3, MVS
      RGB: RECO v2, HAS v3

[genesis] [segacd] [saturn] [dreamcast_ss] [nes-101] [snes] [n64] [gamecube] [pce] [pcecd] [psx]