What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
So not to long ago I bought a Logic Pro 2 PCB (made by Deniam). It was a puzzle game I'd never heard of it and I think I bought it for $12. I enjoy it as I'm a fan of Nonogram games anyway.

Looking at the Deniam-16 hardware in MAME: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/deniam.cpp

There are basically 3 games: Logic Pro, Logic Pro 2 and Karian Cross, the notes in the driver claims it's: "pretty much identical to Sega System 16."
So I'm curious what the potential for these 3 games to be converted to run on Sega System 16B. It would be beneficial for any potential multi to get a couple of additional games on the hardware.

I'm also curious if games could work the other way with System 16 titles working on the Deniam-16 hardware. The Deniam PCB is a lot more compact, about 10 years newer and JAMMA. I mean these Deniam PCBs are selling for less than a System16 to JAMMA converter so that's something.

Here's a picture of the Logic Pro 2 PCB for anyone that's interested:
$_10.JPG

There are several hurdles, different memory map, different memory size, different sound section (µPD7759 VS YM3812), etc.
To sum up quite a lot of work...
The different driver in MAME makes sense.

Back