What's new
Well i found out why the mod bios does not run in mame.... This old chestnut...
If you like dinosaurs you may of seen it before Haha

Attachments

• Wong.png
    Wong.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 333
How much for running regular ps1 games :P
Idk I already have an ODE for ps1. Would be a cool trick though! Does a gnet and a ps1 have the same sound hardware? A couple shmups would be fun. Einhander for one.

the reverse might get a solid bounty. Run arcade games on ps1 via an ode. People are going nuts about atomiswave on Dreamcast right now.

Nah, PS1 does not have the RAM to run much!
You won't get streaming audio on GNET either.

I did get the T-Rex demo running code briefly and crashing with a bit more fucking around it could be made to run correctly i guess.
If can get a demo running then the world of ps1 is your oyster i guess...

Bad news if you get a G NET system from me bios will be re-done from the ground up so you'd need to re-program all your cards and motherboard.
And i'd need to re-do all the original stuff again <in a true decrypted format>. BUMMER

So what was the issue with Modbios not running in MAME? was it some unkniown commands ?

Mame can't do 32 bit reads and writes to IDE peripherals such as hard drives (why primal rage 2 is fucked) and CF cards (why Modbios is fucked)

Ohhh I see.
If you can actually sort this out primal rage 2 will be emulated correctly in mame once and for all i think!

SMF will have more detail on it , there is also critical timing problems with the emulated hardware and other unknowns.

just gonna up my bounty to $50/game and $500 for pr2. See what happens...
That brought the bonus bounty for PR2 up to 970... I upped my PR2 bounty another $30 to make it an even $1000

Deliver us a fully working PR2 image for G-NET and you'll get $1000 in return :)

Twisted the king of arm twisting has sent over a GNET for experimentation.

LIKELY CONVERSION CANDIDATES
Tecmo TPS ROM Games:
Most of the Tecmo TPS games seem to not have any special sound hardware on the sub-board. In-Fact Three TPS games have been converted already: Flame Gunner, Shanghai Matekibuyuu, and The Block Kuzushi. These have the highest potential for conversion:
  • 1 on 1 Government (TPS BIOS)
  • Dead Or Alive ++ (TPS BIOS)
  • Gallop Racer 2 (TPS BIOS)
  • Gallop Racer 3 (TPS BIOS)
  • Logic Pro Adventure (TPS BIOS)
  • Monster Farm Jump (TPS BIOS)
  • Tecmo World Cup Millennium (TPS BIOS)
  • Tondemo Crisis (TPS BIOS)

ETA: 3-5 years ;)

Attachments

• IMAG0307[1].jpg
    IMAG0307[1].jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 178
I actually own originals of all the TPS BIOS games now, Still happy to pay the bounty so that everyone else can enjoy them too.
1 on 1 Government and Tondemo Crisis in particular are some real gems that everyone should have the opportunity to play.

I actually own originals of all the TPS BIOS games now, Still happy to pay the bounty so that everyone else can enjoy them too.
1 on 1 Government and Tondemo Crisis in particular are some real gems that everyone should have the opportunity to play.
You may get some bits n' bobs of other stuff with missing BGM's.
Expect all the rom board stuff in rom board format first ;)

• 1 on 1 Government (TPS BIOS)
  • Dead Or Alive ++ (TPS BIOS)
  • Gallop Racer 2 (TPS BIOS)
  • Gallop Racer 3 (TPS BIOS)
  • Logic Pro Adventure (TPS BIOS)
  • Monster Farm Jump (TPS BIOS)
  • Tecmo World Cup Millennium (TPS BIOS)
  • Tondemo Crisis (TPS BIOS)

• Bloody Roar/Beastorizor (PS Arcade 95 BIOS)
  • Bloody Roar 2 (PS Arcade 95 BIOS)

Cool Boarders Arcade Jam (TPS BIOS)

Sounds like a jackpot run heh

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc6pf9uOSzA

Back