What's new
@CoolFox - So cool. I still think your restoration should have its own thread.

But while we are here in a GNet conversion thread.... what do you think are the chances of getting rage2 to run on a normal GNet now that you have one working? :D

@CoolFox - So cool. I still think your restoration should have its own thread.

But while we are here in a GNet conversion thread.... what do you think are the chances of getting rage2 to run on a normal GNet now that you have one working? :D
Well, the few people that I talked to said that it MAY be possible, but it would take quite a bit of effort. Plus it wouldn't be just a simple plop the game onto a compact flash and run it. You would have to modify your main board and populate it with more main memory and (I believe) more VRAM...all surface mount stuff.

Well, the few people that I talked to said that it MAY be possible, but it would take quite a bit of effort. Plus it wouldn't be just a simple plop the game onto a compact flash and run it. You would have to modify your main board and populate it with more main memory and (I believe) more VRAM...all surface mount stuff.
Looking forward to making a 16mb motherboard, big pimping.

If it works, then it can go to 'The Man' if he does not have one and thinks it's viable ;)

Sounds like an excellent Arcade Project...

I’d buy another GNet board to donate for research if anyone thinks they can pull this off. I can handle my own mods if someone can figure out the steps!

I don't think anyone mentioned it but a certain someone in Europe who has an arcade mod bios page, he had Primal Rage II coming soon listed for years on the main page. I just checked and it's still listed as coming soon, hah. I bugged him about it a few times, he said he had it running but the sound/music was an issue so he gave up on it. I bought a modded G-NET board off him years ago.

Last edited:
I've never had a deep look into this hardware (a bit too "modern" for me)

But now I'm tempted, not necessarily because of the bounty but rather for the technical aspect and the interest people have in those conversions.
Too modern for me too. But, just like Naomi, this system has some cool ass games that I've never played. Just because I stopped going to the arcade didn't mean cool games weren't being made... :D I love being able to play them now.

I have RC de Go on original cart and Go by Rc on CF,
Both run fine on my modbios system, you should see a controller calibration screen, wich you won't be able to pass without the analog controller connected.

Have you tried a known working CF card? I've had a lot of different cf cards not working on Gnet.
Is there a specific controller needed, or will a Crazy Taxi control panel work?

this is awesome. Too awesome to be buried in a taito GNet conversion thread.
Ah, ekorz, you say that like it's a bad thing. :D
I don't think anyone mentioned it but a certain someone in Europe who has an arcade mod bios page, he had Primal Rage II coming soon listed for years on the main page. I just checked and it's still listed as coming soon, hah. I bugged him about it a few times, he said he had it running but the sound/music was an issue so he gave up on it. I bought a modded G-NET board off him years ago.
Do you have pics of this modded G-Net board or know what makes it modded?

Also,

Is anyone known to be working on any conversions?

:D

Rc de go uses a wired rc car controller.
A Crazy taxi panel may work if you wire it right and the pots are the same value as the controller.

you'd likely have an issue with the pedals since the RC controller uses a single pot for "gas" and "brake"

Who’s selling one? I would like to see this brought to CF anyways but could send me a PM where you saw that?

I've bought on of them at that price in the last year and found 2 more for friends. they don't come up often but when they do they're never all that expensive. you've go to watch yahoo auctions.

Back