What's new

JTS9917

Beginner
Reaction score
The marquee light on my Egret 3 does not work. The wiring looks pretty clean up there so I'm hoping it's just a dead bulb.

That said, anyone know which bulb it should be? And where I could source one?

Any info is much appreciated!

I can pop open my cab in a few and get the details on what's in mine.

Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, or any other hardware store will have bulbs and starters.

It could also be the started (little cylinder thing plugged into the light fixture). You can take both with you to any of those stores and just match them up though.

Can you actually buy this size at home depot in US? I cant seem to find this length. I can only find 24”

Can you actually buy this size at home depot in US? I cant seem to find this length. I can only find 24”
I've never found them there. But my Ace Hardware stocks them.

Do they happen to have a product description online or just have to go in and look for it?

Do they happen to have a product description online or just have to go in and look for it?
Ace Hardware stores are independently owned and operated. So it really just depends on how wide of a selection of bulbs your store chooses to carry :/.

just to verify are these 20" inches or 22" inches wide? I need to grab one for my Egret 2.

"20w, 580mm, T8 diameter."

So I tried out the linked replacement and didn't it didn't light up. I guess my starter in the E2 may be missing or bad, or there could be a wiring problem.

Anyone got a link to the right starter? Does it get added to the side of the bulb, or is it part of the bigger florescent assembly/holder in the machine?

Should be fg-1e starter in a notch towards the right side of the holder.

https://www.amazon.com/120-Volt-Fluorescent-Starter-TMFG1E/dp/B004V4G0FU/
You're absolutely right! I pulled the starter, it was a FG-1E and definitely bad (blown/black). It actually came apart into three pieces as I removed it from the holder. The metal casing that screws in was the last part remaining, so I actually had to pull the entire assembly out of the cab to remove the damn thing with pliers.

I put the new replacement starter in and the linked bulb from @'ChuChu Flamingo''s post, no dice unfortunately still.

The 23.25 inch bulb does not fit well in my particular assembly, but I think mine has been slightly warped to accommodate bigger bulbs. If I get it perfectly seated on one side, then it no longer fits quite right on the other side and is a bit loose. Side note, the original bulb that came with my cab had fallen out of the assembly and behind the CRT tube when I received it. 8|

I found a 23.5 inch 20w FL20SD/G bulb on Walmart.com (here) which I ordered and I think should fit much better.

If it still doesn't work I think the next step will be testing the wiring in the bulb assembly while the cab is on and making sure I get ~100V AC.

Will report back here when I receive the next bulb.

Also can anyone confirm whether it should be a T8 or T10 diameter bulb for Egret 2 cabinets?

There seems to be some conflicting info out there.

Back