What's new

suverman

Bulti Moyz
Grand Master
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
I have a tabletop "Gameroom Classic" which has a CRT monitor and Hanaho licensed Neogeo board with Jamma edge connector. However the PSU in the cabinet doesnt output any 12V since the Hanaho board doesnt require it. The PSU runs the picture tube as well as so I rather not replace it.

I tried Neogeo - the games ran without sound - I read somewhere that the Neogeo 1 slot needed 12V only for the amp.

I have recently got a PGM and I was trying to run it and I did not get any picture - since I do not have any other setup at the moment I was wondering if anyone know if PGM needs 12V to run always?

Thanks

You don't need a -5v volt for a PGM, but yes, you do need +12v.
However like MVS, I can only see it being used for the audio section. Pretty sure the video will all be running at 5v, like most video input boards on arcade monitors.

You can see the 12v traces on the underside of the board revisions on this photo:

a8eff1c9eb1cd402.md.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I now need to have some other way of supplying 12V to the PGM then.

yes. Pgm mobo audio amps are min 10v-16v (if memory serves me correct) required for operation and 5v for the video. A lot of people who try to consolize them run into an issue when they use s single 5v source but wonder why there is no sound. It needs a 5v audio mod to fix that problem :)

I can happily run my PGM on 5v only. Used a 5v mod on the audio section:

IMG_3545.JPG

My board is the one above right.
Thats interesting - so lets say I do not have that mod - should the PGM atleast run the games without sound? Because mine doesnt show anything.

yes. Pgm mobo audio amps are min 10v-16v (if memory serves me correct) required for operation and 5v for the video. A lot of people who try to consolize them run into an issue when they use s single 5v source but wonder why there is no sound. It needs a 5v audio mod to fix that problem :)
So it basically I should get video atleast!

Yes, you should still get a picture onscreen...

Check your voltages? I assume this is a know working board?

No, a board I got from sheepnova (eBay) I need to test it some other way. I shall try and get a multimeter. It runs Cave DDP DF1.5 well with the 5V.

Edit: PGM runs when no cart is inserted, but with Cart in it doesnt boot. Looks like voltage issue isnt it?

Last edited:
Could be.. or dirty cart socket / cart edge. Try re-seating the cart a few times and see if anything changes.
Any idea of your current voltage? Any other game to test?

I tried 3 or 4 different carts. Only thing I havent checked is the voltage. I will have to try and check the voltage now.

No, a board I got from sheepnova (eBay) I need to test it some other way. I shall try and get a multimeter. It runs Cave DDP DF1.5 well with the 5V.

Edit: PGM runs when no cart is inserted, but with Cart in it doesnt boot. Looks like voltage issue isnt it?
Just one thing to check. At the left hand side of the jamma edge connector, there should be a 16V 470uF capacitor. Make sure this isn't missing. I fixed up a board that was not booting because it was missing this tanking cap.

Back