What's new

whitecomet

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi all,

I purchased a Naomi2 board with a homebrew card reader and a few cards.

Unfortunately my Naomi2 developed a GPU failure so I have replaced this, however not had chance to plug it all in due to weather (needs to warm up a bit).

Anways, I have been running a CF card with Initiald2 (ENG) in, I have 2 other cards which came with the setup. Unfortunately both have no titles on to say what game they are.

I plugged these up to a USB CF reader and the two files are (GAME.BIN & ABC.BIN). From reading the forums I have come to the conclusion that the ABC.BIN is the key nulled file, however the GAME.BIN could be anything so until I plug this back upto the Naomi2/CF reader I will have to wait.

I have a few questions on replacing the games:
I have found a lot of BIN file games, if I was to rename one to GAME.BIN and add to a new CF card along with a copy of the ABC.BIN file would this work?

Or is anyone able to provide a simple guide to how I can get the game downloads to a CF card and also not require the key.

Tools I have:
  • Blank CF Cards
  • USB CF Reader
  • Lots of bin game files
  • A copy of ABC.BIN

Thanks in advance.

nope and I think that's going to be the problem as I I've understood that I need some homemade CF reader to get this code as USB one wont let me get it :(

anyone can help with another way to find out the CF card code?

You don't need anythig homemade. It's easiest with a computer with an IDE chain or PCMCIA but a member here released a tool to retrieve the code using an ATA reader as well.

Naomi CF Tools

Thanks for the link... just gotta find a pre-windows 7 pc (which I think I may have access to a Vista and maybe a XP model) so hopefully using the card reader will work.

Will report back and thanks for help so far :thumbup:

Great forum guys :thumbsup:

at tech side - I'd say that article explains pretty much everything about how DIMM CF security works.
Indeed. I agree, I was just wondering before I go through the effort of writing a tool to script all the proccedures mentioned, and subsequently write a card, has someone already done so? No need to reinvent a wheel. I am not a Windows user however, and am not particularly interested in doing an install just for this.

Back