What's new

MetalliC

Champion
Reaction score
have a couple of questions about it, which may help in this game cart to DIMM conversion, and maybe few other things.

very good! can you help with checking if this mobo really uses some "early revision Holly chipset" ?

I think easiest way to do this is burn attached binary to some 2MB EPROM, replace BIOS with it and boot system.
then take photo of the screen, it will be like this one - http://devkits.handheldmuseum.com/Sega_Katana/SegaDC_KatanaTest.jpg

it is "hardware checker" ROM from Dreamcast Dev.box, but expected to work on Naomi too.

Attachments

• set5v0.41.zip
    614.3 KB · Views: 35
Have one, too. If Mitsu can't, I'll test.

If you have time go for it. I won't be able to pull it out until Easter prep is complete here.

BTW what chip should we use? 27c020 will work?

Ok. Tried the file but it does not boot. Black screen only.

@Mitsurugi-w this is totally unexpected, sorry about that. I need to develop other tool, which will read mobo chipset ID/revision registers.

When i got my HOTD2 the original Motherboard was dead and it was converted to a White Naomi 1 motherboard, I was told it was a special revision so if anyone needs any details from this then just let me know.

I suppose i could also test netbooting to this motherboard to see if the current dumps of it work on this board.

Game works perfectly fine, I have a feeling it is the same Naomi board that runs in the 3 screen deluxe cabs that use extra naomi's to power the extra screens, seem to remember reading somewhere that its a slightly different chipset being used but could be wrong will need to check.

Andy

Back