What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Thanks to the great @mikejmoffitt and @neocps1 we now have a pair of CPS1 titles that can be enjoyed on your CPS2 Multi.

This thread will serve as an up-to-date list of every available CPS1 conversion for the CPS2 multi.

If you would like to discuss or keep up on the CPS1.5 to CPS2 conversions that topic is here:
BOUNTY: CPS1.5 games (with Q-Sound) on CPS2 multi

Games converted and credit:

Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting (credit to @mikejmoffitt)
http://www.mikejmoffitt.com/bin/sf2hfjcps2.zip

Street Fighter 2: Championship Edition (credit to @neocps1)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xpmhe8k84mac1w9/sf2ce_cp2+-+v5+neocps1.7z

Our tireless @SmokeMonster has been keeping the Roll-Up pack up to date, so these links are just sort of a formality really. Go get his pack instead!

Please feel free to discuss!

Last edited:
Awesome! I have a SF2CE board which I currently have HF ROMs on there. Now, I can put my CPS2 multi board in there and be able to play SF2:CE or SF2:HF if i wanted to.

Just one suggestion/question: Might be good to indicate what region/revision the releases are. E.g. USA 910803, etc.

Just one suggestion/question: Might be good to indicate what region/revision the releases are. E.g. USA 910803, etc.
I'm honestly unsure. But I will add it to the first post when someone else chimes in. I won't have time to put them on the multi myself for at least a few days here.

awesome news and work!

Since the multi runs on a G pal board could these be split differently if necessary and burned to roms for a suicided B board?

I'm honestly unsure. But I will add it to the first post when someone else chimes in.
Region can be changed by simply changing one byte in one of the files. Bonky posted which bytes in the other thread.

For Neocps1 release, if you want to change the region open rom 03.

Go to 00000190

00 Japan
02 USA
04 ETC
Mikejmoffitt Sf2HF region :

Go to 00040440 on rom 03

00 Japan
02 USA
04 ETC
^the above are for the regular ROM board versions. I believe for the multi versions SF2CE is the same and SF2HF uses File 02 instead of file 03 but the location is the same.

IIRC as released one is set JP and the other is set to ETC, I forget which was which though.

Thanks. Yup, you go into file xxx.02 and then make the changes at those addresses listed above. Now I'm not sure if some of the sprite overlay issues were caused by my moving it to the USA region, but these conversions are definitely still a bit buggy. For the purist, sorry, but these won't do. The sounds being off or missing are a bit jarring. Plus, you can't update dipswitch settings. It's stuck at whatever they were defaulted to.

Still, this is an incredible feat to even see. Great job to all who worked on this!

@rewrite you should add the Punisher CPS 1.5 release to your OP as well.
CPS1.5 has its own thread already. This thread was created to keep 1 and 1.5 releases and discussions separate as the 1 info was getting the 1.5 bounty thread WAY off track.

I should probably link to it though for sure.

Region can be changed by simply changing one byte in one of the files. Bonky posted which bytes in the other thread.
I knew how they could be changed but I neither know what revision of each title was converted or what region they are as those files sit unaltered.

Ive tried these on the CPS2 multi (running original firmware) and just get a flash failed message my other games all work fine what am I doing wrong?

Ok so this might be a silly question but here goes:

Got my multi CPS2 kit working and tried SF2:CE, it works fine but the sound is completely different to what i remember it being on SF2:WW and CE.

I remember it sounding like this:

but mine sounds like this:

Is this because of the difference in hardware (CPS1 vs CPS2) and the whole Qsound thing?

Yeah some of the sounds are a bit weird lol, jumping and landing makes the same sound you do when hit the ground stunned or finished :D

Plays perfectly though from what I've played of it, and the most important part to me is the music, which is perfect, love the CPS1 SF2 music

I've just tried it now. Music sounds cool but different to original, like different synthesizers were used. Still cool though but I think I'll stick to the CPS1 version.

It sounds different because the sound system is different on CPS2, but it still sounds good

Indeed, the music does sound good. Reminds me of the difference between an entry level and top end sound card back in the early PC days.

Thanks all for the feedback everyone, I actually much prefer the CPS1 music, that must be nostalgia, as objectively the CPS2 sounds better.

oh well...it's special enough as it is to have the game run smoothly on cps2 hardware, stoked that I am able to play OG SF2!

Back