What's new
CPS1 music is sooo much better than CPS2.

Think I may just get around to picking up a CPS1 board some day rather than playing via my Multi.

Last edited:
In fact, this difference cannot be made alone because of the different synthesizers. I bet they just replaced the CPS1 songs with CPS2 versions from other Street Fighter 2 games. ;)

In fact, this difference cannot be made alone because of the different synthesizers. I bet they just replaced the CPS1 songs with CPS2 versions from other Street Fighter 2 games. ;)
If that's the case, anyway to bring back the CPS1 sounds?

anyway to bring back the CPS1 sounds
The format isn't compatible, CPS2 uses qsound not ADPCM.
It would have to be hand ported and no one with the skills wants to put in that kind of time/work... Hence why they just used existing CPS2 sounds.

Makes sense. This is such an interesting project. Thanks for all the hardwork @Hatsune Mike and @neocps1. Look forward to seeing what else is in store for these types of conversions.

Last edited:
One thing i noticed is that CE can get glitchy. There was one time when everything went black except for the sprites, and then the speed went up to INSANE levels!!!!! Anyone who’s played Hyper Fighting SNES 10 Star mode knows what I’m talking about. After that the game just glitched and locked ups

Hello! Is there a version of the Street Fighters 2 CE rom to burn on a CPS2 regular B board, not multi? Thanks!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone know why I can't get the SF2CE & SF2HF working on my non-key writing multi?

I've looked through the forums and by all accounts they should work without the key writing mod and firmware, yet when I select them from the SD card I get the 'All done: Operation Failed' message.

I've also tried deleting the key file from the rom directories, but to no avail - and the rest of the decrypted roms work on the same SD card.

Any help would be appreciated

I've gotten these to work on my non key writing setup. Didn't do anything special from what I can recall. Does Punisher work for you?

Thanks for your help. I've not tried Punisher, so will give that a try and will report back

Woo hoo! it worked!

For some reason I can't add the games to my existing SD full of games, as I get the error mentioned above. However, I formatted a new SD and just loaded on the 3 CPS1 games and low and behold it worked!

It's time to relearn Dictator's redizzy TOD! Thanks so much for your help

Back