What's new

Asure

Grand Master
Reaction score
A platform i am toying around with has too much in common with the Megatouch devices.
I have a 486DX4/120 , 32MB ram, and 3M Touchscreen which supports Dostouch. Except, i don't have the IO card, and as such no Dallas key.
I am looking for HDD dumps of the older generation. They were shared some time ago, but i missed that boat.

If you have any, please send me a PM. I'm 99.9% sure Megatouch can run on the hardware i have here.
Which also means you can run the Photoplay software on your Megatouch.
And yes, i have some Photplay HDD image you most likely can use on your device.

Edit: I am aware i will need to purchase a Megatouch XL i/o card and probably add some button(s) and the Dallas key, but that's ok, i have free ISA slots. :)

Last edited:
http://megatouch.arcade-cabinets.com/software.shtml

i can give you some notes relating to "improving" the maxx emerald software.
same exe as XL gold or titanium i think.

but >>WARNING<<
AMI / MegaTouch has a legal team watching the net 24/7
*never* talk about or post hacks.

PM me at the weekend - i'll look for my notes related to Maxx platform.

Still looking for members who have the older XL series running with HDD or CF image.
Have confirmed that the platforms of Photoplay & Megatouch are very, very very similar ;)

I'm looking for HD images of linux based ION or FORCE installations. Who can hook me up?
Preferably the 2010.5 force image or the 2011 pre-fixed keyless one.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=88190.0

Looking at this, it's only not working on much generic hardware since they are missing the video drivers for the X server.

Somewhat booting on 'generic' VMware machine. (Emulated touchscreen is detecting and responding to init commands.)

mt_vm.jpg

I cannot seem to actually click the button to pass the install. Maybe my trail expired for the serial port redirector lol.
I need to get the right controller and screen, let's see what happens.

Confirmed that Photoplay can run on the Megatouch platform. Working out some quirks on the audio, as photoplay expects (and sets in autopts.bat) Soundblaster compatible audio at 220/5/1 but Megatouch seems to have it at 240/5/1 and needs a DOS driver.

what is the protection on photoplay and the hardware in general?

what is the protection on photoplay and the hardware in general?
The pts-dos versions up to 2008 run on a 486/dx66 with 8mb,soundblaster compatible,vga system. There is a dallas dongle on the soundcard, and a hasp lpt dongle. Generic 3m touchscreen on com1. Nothing special. The 486 got upgraded a few times with generic mainboards that have isa soundcard so you can find pentium 233 based boards on the later model.

For the windows IGO versions they used celery 400 and up.

so game-wise, are they better, similar, or worse than megatouch??

The later megatouch stuff like Ion beats it with better hardware and better games. The dos based ones are on par, but both platforms have a charm. The shanghai and find-the-difference on Photoplay is really good gameplay-wise.

Reactions: stj
Back