What's new

toyhopperhk

Student
Reaction score
HELLO EVERYONE
I PLAY ORIGINAL CPS1 FINAL FIGHT LAST NIGHT, BUT I GET THE PROBLEM, CAN TELL ME WHICH PART FAILED?
THX

Attachments

• received_10216798386818343.jpeg
    received_10216798386818343.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 166
  • received_10216810125751809.jpeg
    received_10216810125751809.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 141
First thing to check is your CAPS LOCK key ;)

All boards are firmly pressed together?
Might be a dying video ram or A board custom, you got a different A board to test?

Last edited:
thx for replied
i use 2 different A board and B board to test,have same problem...

Hold the phone, I'm trying to wrap my head around what you are saying...

You have two Final Fight B-boards, both with this same problem, using two different A-boards but keeping the same C-board?

So that would mean the problem is in the C board...
Unlucky you :(

or can I change B-21?
Only if the ROMs have been converted for use with a B-21 C-board (aka SF2CE/HF).

Maybe you could work out a trade for one of your working A-boards for a proper Final Fight C-board?

Original C board will be hard, I’m also looking for one...

If you could get a B21 C board, I’m sure there are roms floating around to make it work

+1 for Apocalypse. He doesn't charge much, and the end result speaks for itself (happy Ghouls N Ghosts conversion customer here).

Is this a conversion issue? This looks like a legit hardware failure problem.

Could be bad mask ROMs, though it would be unusual for it to be the same on 2

+1 for Apocalypse, he'll get you sorted

Could be bad mask ROMs, though it would be unusual for it to be the same on 2
Yea highly unlikely given he tested two different A-boards and two B-boards, I believe the issue is the common piece, a damaged C-board.

CPS-B-04 ASIC are notorious to go bad more that CPS-B-21.I have 3-4 faulty Final Fight C-BOARD.Anyway, you can replace it with a more common CPS-B-21 C-BOARD using modified program code, some time ago I personally prepared the code and it works fine.

No hardware modifications are required on B and C-BOARD (different program code apart) expect for the fact there are two revision of CPS-B-21 C-BOARD with different dimensions (one is bigger than CPS-B-04 one).But I guess you are the usual maniacal collector and want the board exactly as the genuine one (inlcuding the same dust particles...) :)

You can also build PRG chips off the USA 900112 revision with CPS-B-21 as it used CPS-B-01 which is functionally the same which requires no code modification

Back