What's new

majornws

Beginner
Reaction score
So this is a very strange (to me) issue, curious if anyone here has some insight

To start, my setup: Arcade PSU (to Capcom I/O), Sun PSU (to Naomi MB), JAMMA from IO going to arcade controls, sound from Naomi running through IO, VGA direct to monitor

Previously, I was powering my Naomi off of the power from the Capcom IO, however this isn't enough power to run an GDROM/DIMM setup so I got the Sun PSU.

Now if I power the Naomi from the Sun PSU I still get sound (which runs through the Capcom IO) but get an IO Error when trying to play a game and the Naomi says No JAMMA IO when I go into test mode.

However if I go back to powering the Naomi from the IO, everything works normally when running a cart game, but obviously this won't be able to power the DIMM cart setup.

This doesn't seem to make any sense to me, since nothing is changed on the power going IN to the IO, just the power going OUT of the IO. Has anyone here seen something like this before?

Well I managed to figure it out, I think. It seems the voltage going in to the IO was slightly too high after a check, so I adjusted it down slightly and everything was recognized. Probably should have thought to check on that first!

Back