What's new

Locutus73

Student
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm making my mind about building a consolized MVS for myself and I’m discussing the sale of a MV-1C from a local seller here in Italy.
I asked him about the battery and he told me that it leaked some liquid, without damages.
He sent me these pictures
WyBBHO9.jpg

aGRyfM8.jpg

What do you think?
Is it a go or a no go?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards.

Locutus73

It's not bad. I don't see any major damage. Looks like it just needs to be cleaned up after removing the battery.

It's not bad. I don't see any major damage. Looks like it just needs to be cleaned up after removing the battery.
Many thanks for the answer.
Do you think this isopropyl spray is ok for cleaning the board?
WpwjCzY.jpg
BjFOLuI.jpg

I source it easily in a shop near my workplace... or is it better to use 101% pure isopropyl distilled by Mr. Richard Gere on top of mount Himalaya? :D

Thank you in advance.

Locutus73

I honestly just use a Q-tip and some 90%
x2 on that but....

for battery acid leakage you need to neutralise it first. So use a little white vinegar first, and then clean that well with 90% isoprop :)
I’ll try to source some “non spray” isopropyl (even if the bottle says 100% active product, so I think it’s isopropyl + spray propellent)... it seems to be an arduous task here in Italy.
About neutralizing acid: shouldn’t I use something basic instead of acidic vinegar?

Thank you all in advance.
Best regards.

Locutus73

Depends on the type of battery. Vinegar works on alkaline, baking soda on lead-acid or nickel cadmium batteries. In this case baking soda is the better option.

Reactions: RGB
Back