What's new

xodaraP

Legendary
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a Super Spacefortress Macross here I'm trying to get going, currently it just comes up with garbage all over the screen on boot and won't go any further. If I short the lines on the main CPU RAM together I can get the garbage to move and change, so I suspect this is where the issue is. I've pulled both main CPU RAM chips off (Sony 62256) and both have tested fine. There is an output line and an address line that look fairly weak so I suspected this may be the issue, however this is connected to a custom that Banpresto have gone to great lengths to disguise (but looking at another repair log I know is a NMK-215)

I can only find one other repair log for this game so it's not common unfortunately, but I would like to get it going. MAME isn't much help here either unfortunately, it tells me what ROMs/RAM does what, but the customs aren't documented.

So far I have tested all the ROMs on the board, checked for obvious trace damage or lifted pins on SMD customs in the vicinity and removed the 2x 62256 RAMs at U84/U99

Last edited:
Both - clock signal is present and reset is doing it's thing properly, I have to admit I forgot to check to see if halt was asserted.

Annoyingly almost everything on the board is custom so I have no idea what the pinout on the audio CPU is

Back