What's new

T_chan

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm an IT analyst during the day, and programmer in my free time (which is scarce these days unfortunately).

I've been on the net since a long while, so you might remember PsxTulz which I made when I was a student, many many years back.

I'm a fan of the Dreamcast architecture, and want to explore its arcade variants, but haven't taken the time to connect my Naomi 1 & 2 properly.

I'm a total noob concerning arcade hardware, but I'm willing to learn, which is why I register here :)

Dreamcast was a fantastic console, and criminally underrated IMO.
The Naomi hardware is even better, that extra little bit of power is certainly noticeable.

My two recommendations enhancing your Sega experience...
  1. GDEmu (or runner up USB-GDROM) for Dreamcast
  2. A Jorge 2-in-1 cart (or runner up NetDIMM + Raspberry Pi) for Naomi

Dreamcast was a fantastic console, and criminally underrated IMO.
The Naomi hardware is even better, that extra little bit of power is certainly noticeable.

My two recommendations enhancing your Sega experience...
  1. GDEmu (or runner up USB-GDROM) for Dreamcast
  2. A Jorge 2-in-1 cart (or runner up NetDIMM + Raspberry Pi) for Naomi
Definitely agree. Loving my GDEMU, but I somewhat regret selling my NAOMI. The difference in most games wasn’t too much, but it’s definitely there. Strangely, I noticed it on Virtua Tennis more than anything lol.

Welcome to forum OP : )

The difference in most games wasn’t too much, but it’s definitely there.
Yea, if you have the choice I think playing games on Naomi is superior.
A few exceptions to this (unspoken) rule however...

Typing of the Dead; It's better on Dreamcast because you can play the english version, arcade version is Japanese only.
Crazy Taxi; You'll need an elaborate JVS setup to play the arcade version, home version is playable with a simple DC controller.
Ikaruga; If you've got a full tate setup, hellz yea play the arcade version, most of us only have horizontal screens tho and the DC version lets you rotate.

Welcome, to the forum. It’s a great learning environment full of highly informative people.

Thank you all !

GDEmu -> got one, not tested yet :)

Jorge -> didn't know that, thanks !
I'm more for the netdimm option however, since I'm more interested in running my programs on the Naomi than actual gaming...
(got 2 netdimms, 1 I got working, the other one has issues, still have to investigate)

Ikaruga is my favorite shoot 'em up (in fact the only one I cleared besides Under Defeat :)), so I'll definitely add
that to my Naomi collection one day...

Hey, thanks !
Cool indeed... the net is vast and infinite... yet oh so small :)

Back