What's new
Shit, I forgot to ask, more specifically what those connectors are called? The Part #s

Already have the naomi board, no cables =(

Thanks for the part numbers

EDIT: Hmm I wonder if these part numbers changed? I tried searching and nothing was found

get yourself a Sanwa SWN-JVS psu if you can find one - I have one in my Chinese vewlix so I can netboot my Naomi when Niko's ttx2 multi isn't running.

I have one in my Chinese vewlix so I can netboot my Naomi when Niko's ttx2 multi isn't running
The official (Japan) Vewlix has a Wei Ya PSU, same as what's in the Atomiswave SD.
It works nicely for JVS, or JAMMA when used with the JAMMA kit... The unfortunate part is you can only use it for one (JVS or JAMMA) at a time.

This is why I prefer carts on my Naomi, I'd have to drop another JVS PSU into my Vewlix to Netboot.
Because I need JAMMA to power the Capcom IO for JVS controls.

If I wanted to restore native JVS controls, then yes I could drop the Capcom IO and JAMMA altogether.
This option isn't good for me, as Naomi is my ONLY JVS arcade board/system.
It makes zero sense to have a JVS wired cab when I don't play JVS (aside from Naomi).

EDIT: Hmm I wonder if these part numbers changed? I tried searching and nothing was found
Ok, I found that for USA they redirect you to another supplier, maybe it has a different search engine. Try these:
6-pin: VLP-06V
8-pin: VLP-08V

Crimps: BVF-61T-P2.0

Edit: I wonder if you could just adapt a standard 20-pin ATX connector though. I still have to receive my Naomi

Why are you using a Capcom IO if you're getting a separate JVS PSU?

Personally I would get a Sega rev. B JAMMA-JVS IO and use the SUN PSU for both jamma and JVS. The 400-5397-01 outputs 10A on the 5V rail and 2A on the 12V which is plenty for jamma boards.

Honestly, all my naomi experience has been off a capcom i/o. With a sega i/o, i should have no compatibility issues with any of the games, like mainly capcom titles, and just standard titles? Not playing any games that need analog controls and such

%&*^#=%!^# SONUVABITC#

So I finally get my Sun 400-5397 psu in, ready to fire this up for the first time, and noticed the damn psu has a 3 pin connector, instead of a traditional plug. Damnit. I imagine this is normal since naomi cabs probably got an internal power strip that leads to the power plug.

Is there a cable converter i can get quick, or should I be best off just wiring a pc power cable?

Yay monday haha

You probably won't be able to find one locally, so it'll have to be from mouser/digikey. Splicing in an IEC cable would be super fast and easy.

yeah im just gonna wire a power cable. This psu is only 2 prong tho? No worry about adding a ground wire eh?

got my naomi running. Now I am getting an error 31. Has anyone figured out exactly what the cause of this is? It boots up with "Checking network" but after 5 minutes maybe, screen goes black, and the boot screen comes back with an error 31

edit: NM, got it all figured out =)

Last edited:
I sell plug n play SUN PSU power cables BTW.

Doh. Yeah I got impatient. I replaced the cable with a standard power cable. Works perfect. Besides, it was a good excuse to open up the psu, since it needed a thorough cleaning, badly.

anyone know the part number for the 3rd unused connector on the Sega JVS PSU on Digikey? Male and Female

Back