What's new

waiwainl

Professional
Reaction score
Playing my F3 multi heats up the mobo quite good. After a good 20 minutes play the heat-sink is untouchable hot and the audio starts to stutter.
For some reason I never had this problem with normal carts, but perhaps I never played that much on them - I can't tell.

The fan of my mobo is dead; I was trying to find a good replacement, but I seem to hit a deadspot.

What is the best replacement fan?

Thanks!

Hey, did you ever get that fan? Is it quieter? I play my F3 now with the fan unplugged b/c it's so loud, but I'm worried the multi (when it gets here) will be much hotter.

Anyone else go with a quieter fan or no fan at all? Any issues?

Hey, did you ever get that fan? Is it quieter? I play my F3 now with the fan unplugged b/c it's so loud, but I'm worried the multi (when it gets here) will be much hotter.

I used this fan since mine was really loud. I have not had any issues yet

I used this fan since mine was really loud. I have not had any issues yet
So I take it the fan you linked is quieter? Also, do you really need a fan with the F3 multi?

My fan was incredibly loud so I wanted to change it. Not sure if it’s necessary or not but it’s there so might as well use it

that is the problem with these shinny fans. too much noise comes from them :S

Last edited:
Question... Does the F3 fan blow air UP (into the duct)?

Yes, I removed mine a while ago and forgot to take not of the orientation X/

Thanks in advance...

Any followup to this?

Does the F3 Multi cause the board to overheat or was this just an isolated incident? I'm assuming it's the latter since this is the only incident that I can find.

Thanks. That's what I assumed but this thread having an incomplete ending has been a thorn in my side for a while now.

Does the F3 Multi cause the board to overheat
Absolutely not, I am sure the F3 multi performs just like a standard cart does. @Darksoft can chime in on this :) I have been running 2 of the F3 multis without fans for a long time now, zero issues.
That's right. It even requires less power than a regular cart based on EPROMs/Mask Roms.

This is an old thread, but I thought it was worth mentioning that the fan on my F3 has been dead for God knows how many years, and I've never had any issues with it overheating, inside the cab or otherwise. Some people believe CPS2 fan isn't necessary, but it would appear that this really is the case with F3. Sounds like there's a problem with the board itself.

Back