Sega 834-6510 I/O board reproduction

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Sega 834-6510 I/O board reproduction

      An other project of mine I started as I had the most difficulties finding this board for sale.
      As far as I know this board is used only on Sega System 24 for racing games (Hot Rod and Rough Racer) and golf games (Jumbo Ozaki Master and Dynamic Country Club).
      It handles analog inputs (e.g: steering wheels, gas and brake pedals).

      Thanks to a German collector (not sure he wants to be named) who lent me an OG board I could make a reproduction :



      I kept components naming and general layout:

      Looking for:
      - faulty Space Harrier or Enduro Racer
      - Sega Mega-CD 1 power board
      - Super Nintendo CPU (3 needed)



      "I'd 1cc games but I have a real life."
      01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • Small corrections and routing completed:



      Ready to print, anyone interested?
      Looking for:
      - faulty Space Harrier or Enduro Racer
      - Sega Mega-CD 1 power board
      - Super Nintendo CPU (3 needed)



      "I'd 1cc games but I have a real life."
      01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • Small update, need to find time to assemble and test the board:

      Looking for:
      - faulty Space Harrier or Enduro Racer
      - Sega Mega-CD 1 power board
      - Super Nintendo CPU (3 needed)



      "I'd 1cc games but I have a real life."
      01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • sk8er000 wrote:

      Fantastic! Do you or @Mitsurugi-w will sell this? I'm obviously interested
      I've got enough parts to assemble 4 of them but not sure it's worth selling them, it's going to be very expensive (hard to source parts).
      Looking for:
      - faulty Space Harrier or Enduro Racer
      - Sega Mega-CD 1 power board
      - Super Nintendo CPU (3 needed)



      "I'd 1cc games but I have a real life."
      01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • sk8er000 wrote:

      ok, if you'll plan to sell some please count me in!
      What would be an acceptable price for you?
      Looking for:
      - faulty Space Harrier or Enduro Racer
      - Sega Mega-CD 1 power board
      - Super Nintendo CPU (3 needed)



      "I'd 1cc games but I have a real life."
      01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • Apocalypse wrote:

      What would be an acceptable price for you?
      I don't want to offend you or your work in any way if my reasonable price is too low!
      I just don't know how much cost those old components..
      I think that for a I/O board I'd like to spend around 100$.
      I can perfectly understand that when you say "extremely expensive" you mean an higher price.
      Obviously if I have to choose between the I/O board and the floppy controller board I'd prefer the second one (for an higher price too) due to the number of games that requires the floppy controller
    • sk8er000 wrote:

      Apocalypse wrote:

      What would be an acceptable price for you?
      I don't want to offend you or your work in any way if my reasonable price is too low!I just don't know how much cost those old components..
      I think that for a I/O board I'd like to spend around 100$.
      I can perfectly understand that when you say "extremely expensive" you mean an higher price.
      Obviously if I have to choose between the I/O board and the floppy controller board I'd prefer the second one (for an higher price too) due to the number of games that requires the floppy controller
      $100 is probably an absolute minimum given the parts cost and time needed to assemble it. But I can do that for you.

      And yes, all good games on the System 24 require the floppy controller, but I'm confident @Mitsurugi-w and I will come up with working repro soon.
      Looking for:
      - faulty Space Harrier or Enduro Racer
      - Sega Mega-CD 1 power board
      - Super Nintendo CPU (3 needed)



      "I'd 1cc games but I have a real life."
      01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • I perfectly understand that. As said my price range was not meant to offend your hard work, it was just an evaluation considering the titles that requires it (and adding the fact that I'll need spinners too)
      Anyway if you'll sell the repro at an higher price (or the PCB repro only) I'll evaluate the purchase :D
      thank you for your work :thumbsup:
    • sk8er000 wrote:


      Anyway if you'll sell the repro at an higher price (or the PCB repro only) I'll evaluate the purchase :D
      Bare PCBs would be a problem more than anything else, people would have the most difficulties finding the µPD4701 and MSM6253 chips for a reasonable price.
      At the end it's probably going to cost them more than the $100 I'm asking for a fully assembled board.
      Looking for:
      - faulty Space Harrier or Enduro Racer
      - Sega Mega-CD 1 power board
      - Super Nintendo CPU (3 needed)



      "I'd 1cc games but I have a real life."
      01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • Mitsurugi-w wrote:

      I see a few places I can get the parts from. If I change the caps and resistors to smd to save assembly time I could sell them for $125 each. Of course that depends on if anyone needed one after Apocalypse sells the few he has.
      Great. Any interest in assembling Neo Geo memcard? Assembling boards is going to be your main activity soon!
      Looking for:
      - faulty Space Harrier or Enduro Racer
      - Sega Mega-CD 1 power board
      - Super Nintendo CPU (3 needed)



      "I'd 1cc games but I have a real life."
      01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • Apocalypse wrote:

      Mitsurugi-w wrote:

      I see a few places I can get the parts from. If I change the caps and resistors to smd to save assembly time I could sell them for $125 each. Of course that depends on if anyone needed one after Apocalypse sells the few he has.
      Great. Any interest in assembling Neo Geo memcard? Assembling boards is going to be your main activity soon!
      you are selling the unassembled boards to all who would like that?
    • werejag wrote:

      you are selling the unassembled boards to all who would like that?
      First batch is sold, I have to arrange things for the 2nd batch with @Mitsurugi-w I hope, if he's keen on doing it.
      Not sure he would consider selling the bare PCBs, I sell the card for US$30 shipped, you're not going to save much by assembling it yourself (those FRAMs are quite expensive, don't buy them from the Chineses sellers, they are all fake, that's probably why NeoTurfMasta and Furrtek aren't making them anymore, from reliable sellers they are ~$13 a pop).
      Looking for:
      - faulty Space Harrier or Enduro Racer
      - Sega Mega-CD 1 power board
      - Super Nintendo CPU (3 needed)



      "I'd 1cc games but I have a real life."
      01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Apocalypse ().