What's new

Razo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the process the same as doing the regular b boards or is it different?

Are the same kind of batteries used?

They are the same batteries HOWEVER the process is similar to CPS3. It is difficult to use a helper battery for this. I changed mine while powered on.

Wow, so I have to actually change it while it's power on, is that even safe?

Interesting Mitsurugi...

I've never owned one, but to me the Black all-in-one's are something of a CPS2.5 design.
Like how Capcom added features (Qsound) to the CPS1.5 that later came stock with CPS2.

Its an awesome bonus with Darksoft's tools on a CPS3 setup you can write the simms for the all-in-one!

Wow, so I have to actually change it while it's power on, is that even safe?
Its how I change all of my CPS3 batteries. Problem is you need a flexible JAMMA harness that can be flipped on it's side as the All-in-one is a kinda large pcb. I was almost certain I would kill mine but I managed to change it successfully.
Interesting Mitsurugi...

I've never owned one, but to me the Black all-in-one's are something of a CPS2.5 design.
Like how Capcom added features (Qsound) to the CPS1.5 that later came stock with CPS2.

Its an awesome bonus with Darksoft's tools on a CPS3 setup you can write the simms for the all-in-one!
Yeah. The pcb dies immediately if you remove the battery without power or a helper just the same as with CPS3.

And yes, the ability to write the simm with the SuperBIOS is pretty awesome.

I'm going to give it a shot. This is the first time I'm changing a cps2 battery. I orderd a few batteries so I could swap out some old ones on some regular B boards I have. So I'll get some practice before the big game.

Last edited:
Back