What's new
Yes, the footprints are placed. I just wish the parts were populated as well.

With a good amount of time put in, you can scrape up traces and run little jumper wires to some haphazardly mounted translator chips. Given how tedious that is, the amount of time it would take would make it very expensive to have someone do if they value their time.

Safest bet at the moment, methinks, is to (patiently) wait for the other option ;)
This.

Honestly, paying more than 300€ plus shipping for a board which:

• Has all the components driven to their limits due to missing regulators
• Hasn't a clean romset
• Lacks many components which you have to solder in yourself

is just not worth it.

If it was ~100€ I would have given this a shot, but for that price I'd rather wait for other options.

Other games like Forgotten Worlds would need patching to handle spinner to stick differences, and CPS1.5 games like Punisher just have the Q-sound 100% ripped out and replaced.
I made a hack many years ago to play FW with buttons instead of spinners like the MD or PCE versions.Clearly not the same but at least it's not worse than the console versions.
Could you post the wiring loom for that, been after making one for years thanks

Could you post the wiring loom for that, been after making one for years thanks
Where have you been for all these years? It's a software hack I released on my blog before pulling it after being warned people were using it to sale conversions on eBay...
Rotation is made with buttons 2 and 3 from the JAMMA connector (2 = rotate anti-clockwise, 3 = rotate clockwise) so if your cabinet has 3 buttons wired nothing to worry about.

Could I buy a patched ROM23 off you, or shall I PM you?

Atleast the A boards from these can be used in future with DS's multi? Hopefully.

Last edited:
Atleast the A boards from these can be used in future with DK's multi? Hopefully.
Sure, but so could ANY CPS1 game stack (in theory as we've discussed in regard to the 10/12mhz crystal difference)...
I've seen SF2CE/HF stacks (A+B+C) for about 150~175$.

Atleast the A boards from these can be used in future with DK's multi? Hopefully.
Sure, but so could ANY CPS1 game stack (in theory as we've discussed in regard to the 10/12mhz crystal difference)...I've seen SF2CE/HF stacks (A+B+C) for about 150~175$.
Thanks, I have one of these in Canada it reached me the day before I was leaving, its still there unopened. Wanted to know so that I dont have to get another CPS1 would just use that board when I get there :)

So @Hatsune Mike @Apocalypse..

Could we succinctly sum up the changes you would like to see on this board?

Is there a @SmokeMonster roll up pack that could be passed on?

I'm not expecting perfection, but certainly an opportunity to steer Chinese multicarts in the right direction could be a good thing.

@lydz at least seems open to feedback, which is a start...

Last edited:
@nam9 what I'm interested in seeing from the Chinese multicarts in general is proper level translation. The flash chips and PLDs are generally 3.3V devices on these new carts, while the CPS1 and other systems of the era are 5V devices. 74ALVC16245 is a common device used for this purpose.

I have couple of these, I am going to use the Board A and C when DS Multi (I think Board B) comes out. Don't want to wear them down with improper voltage design.

A full set of game running. Voltage is no problem.

Back