What's new
Crossing my fingers that we’ll see another batch released for these by the end of the year.

Put me on the list for one. I have one from the initial run on the shmups forum and can use another.

I'll go ahead and chime in for 2 as well. Need that autofire badly on some of my games.

When are you planning the next batch @RGB

I would like at least 5. My Gradius wrist is about to break off.

Me too. I think that we all want a couple. Probably, we will have to wait for the website.

Hello RGB, I have been thinking of picking one of these up at some point, but I have some concerns raised from the available autofire rates.
  • One press -> 1/2 of the game’s VSYNC speed,
  • Two presses -> 1/3 of the game’s VSYNC speed,
  • Three presses -> 1/4 of the game’s VSYNC speed,
  • Four presses -> 1/6 of the game’s VSYNC speed,
  • Five presses -> 1/8 of the game’s VSYNC speed,
  • Six presses -> 1/10 of the game’s VSYNC speed,
If I am understanding this correctly, is this autofire circuit missing 12hz (1/5 of the game's VSYNC speed)? 12hz is a very useful rate for many games, and is arguably the most important one for both scoring and survival in Mushihimesama. I have been looking for a circuit to use for serious Mushihimesama scoring for a while now (and also Strikers 1945 II where, to my knowledge, 12hz is also the optimal rate for damage with Flying Pancake), but if the RECO is missing 12hz then I don't believe I would be able to use it to score this game.

Also, does this autofire circuit hold down the buttons down for one or two frames per simulated press? Optimally for Mushihimesama they should be held for 2 frames, so that would be another important piece of info for me to know.

If the RECO does not have these features, do you think we might see a firmware update in the future with the missing autofire rate of 1/5?

If so, I would love to talk to you about a few things that would make this board perfect for Mushihimesama. If you have any questions, I am the most knowledgeable player for this game right now so I could definitely give some useful feedback.

Hi @RGB. Don't mean to push on this but I'm curious if the RECO is in fact coming back soon. I definitely have a need for it in order to run 4 button JAMMA games on a cab with 3 buttons + kick harness. JNX Atlas is ok as a workaround for now but it lacks the button remapping features needed so that it would no longer be necessary to open the control panel and remap each button manually. The only hardware I own that works with Atlas in this fashion which isn't bootleg is Atomiswave and that is only because AW supports 5 buttons rather than 4. Really need this for PGM & Neo Geo in particular.

I love your products, already own a HAS and several CPSIO boards - would like some more of the latter also! Hopefully everything is cool on your end and you're able to offer another run soon. I would be in for at least 2 of these for sure.

Hi @RGB. Don't mean to push on this but I'm curious if the RECO is in fact coming back soon. I definitely have a need for it in order to run 4 button JAMMA games on a cab with 3 buttons + kick harness. JNX Atlas is ok as a workaround for now but it lacks the button remapping features needed so that it would no longer be necessary to open the control panel and remap each button manually. The only hardware I own that works with Atlas in this fashion which isn't bootleg is Atomiswave and that is only because AW supports 5 buttons rather than 4. Really need this for PGM & Neo Geo in particular.

I love your products, already own a HAS and several CPSIO boards - would like some more of the latter also! Hopefully everything is cool on your end and you're able to offer another run soon. I would be in for at least 2 of these for sure.
I reached out to him a month ago and he promised another batch arrival this year.

I am guessing that will mean assembly and shipments should be ready January or February.

That being said. RGB is a busy guy and patience is a virtue.

He does not have a marketing or assembly team and should not be expected to fulfill based on our agenda or want.

It's gonna be a sweet day when I can beat the meteor stage in Gofer with autofire.

It's gonna be a sweet day when I can beat the meteor stage in Gofer with autofire.
I love my RECO, I feel like every JAMMA cab in the world should have one installed its just that handy!
Even if you don't care about autofire, being able to remap buttons on the fly (without opening up control panels and moving wires physically) is fantastic.
Own a Japan PSU/cab without -5V? No problem for RECO, connect up (socketed) a Negatron, dial it in and you're good to go.

My only regret is NOT having the foresight to have ordered 3 at the time when I still could.
I'd put this on my short list of "Must Have Adapters for the JAMMA Gamer" IF such a list existed. ;)
RGB is a busy guy and patience is a virtue
Agreed! @RGB is an amazing designer, I'm always impressed by his attention to detail and the overall quality of his products.
It will be worth the wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm nothing if not patient in this hobby, especially for some of the tremendous solutions the community has come up with. Waited a long time for stuff like Splitfire, Neo Geo multi, Jammaizer, HAS, etc. Still waiting for CPS1 multi and RECO, for example haha. Hopefully soon for either or both items, my money is waiting to disappear.

I just really like the idea of it having a built in voltmeter. I have some spares that I could wire up myself but I don't like the idea of pinching my exisiting JAMMA looms or tying it to them via zip ties.

in for 3 too ;)

Last edited:
Back